What? you ask.
That, my friends, is approximately how long it has been since I last posted, or even made an effort to post. I promise you, slacking was not a part of my little break. Moving was the culprit....we are FINALLY out of D.C. and in North Carolina!
I know, I know....long time coming, no?
Pictures will come soon, but for now...my duty is to catch ya'll up (like that little southern twist I threw in there?....made me giggle....or gaggle....hmmm).
Moving. It.is.not.fun.
We made a trip to State College PA two days before the movers were due at our house to pick up a washer, dryer and bedroom set from the in-laws town home that they are getting ready to sell. Thank God for my in-laws. Kind, kind people hooked us up with a new (well used college townhouse) set of furniture for our bedroom. A few little tweaks and it is good as new my friends! Now that's what I call bargain shopping. :-)
I can't say that we had any mishaps while moving (have you ever seen the amount of PAPER movers use to pack your crap? At least 50,000 trees were killed to move us six hours south....maybe that's an exaggeration....here's the truth....at least 49,999 trees were killed to move us six hours south. moving on...) Our house is spewing boxes. :-) Great image, no?
Ask and you shall receive....a rundown of the house. For starters, it's a single family home on a gated private golf course nestled in a bazillion pine trees (again....not and exaggeration and if it is, it's only by one or two...promise) that is approximately 2/3 the price of our two bedroom, third floor condo in Maryland. We have a nice chunk of property, a deck, 3 bedrooms, a bonus room (which shall be our gym because the recipes I've been cookin from P-dubb-diddy aka Pioneer Woman's website have given me added.....parts. It's the gravy) 2 full bathrooms, a 2-car garage, a gas fireplace, ceiling fans in every room except one, and a garden tub. Thank the Lord for garden tubs. The house is of the newer variety. We will be here for about 2.5 years and I plan to kick and scream and throw a childish fit the day Chris tells me we're moving again (My plan is to chain myself the the stair rail out front in hopes that he will let me stay. Think it'll work?).
Moving on. I think my husband is coming back. I can't tell ya how crappy work has been for him for the past three months or so. I thought I was going to have to surgically remove the stick from his bosses behind. No such luck though. He seems to be getting it done and ridding himself of her. I KNOW that the woman has a heart and I KNOW that she is probably a nice person 3.2 percent of the time, but dangit....Chris' mental state was not very good for a while. He's quickly getting better though. As in, last week, boy is home 1 hour earlier than expected.....4:30 PM. Yep. You read that right. fo-thirty. I was all "gasp.....are you a ghost?" It's been gravy down here. No more D.C. traffic, no more bosses with sticks in dark places (at least not yet), no more three flights of stairs to deal with. Just pine trees, golf courses, 20 minute commutes without traffic, and a yard. A yard people. I.have.a.yard. awesome.
I got my little butt (shhhh...) on the gravy train last week, and I plan to stay here forever. At least for another 2.5 years until I have to bust out the chain.
People.....for the first time in a LONG time, Chris and I are happy, smiling, laughing, happy happy happy people. It's nice.
More to come...stay tuned.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
I am SO glad you gave us an update!! I've missed you terribly!
The house sounds GORGEOUS, and of course, I want pictures...especially of the garden tub since I'm not allowed to take baths right now. Hee.
And of course, I'm most happy that Chris is coming back to you...that is the best update ever!
Hope you're having a great day!
Love,
Erin
Yay Yay, you're back. And you had better STAY back - I missed you :)
I'm so glad to hear things are so wonderful for you guys after your move :)
I cannot wait to see pictures of your gorgeous house!
WooHoo!!! I'm so glad you guys are so happy. You definitely deserve it! I can't wait to hear more updates on life in NC. And to see pics of this gorgeous house! I'm super jealous. But in the "I'm super happy for you" way. :)
I'm so glad you posted an update! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to see pictures of the house! it sounds fabulous!!!!!! I'm still ticked we weren't able to get together before you moved away! :o) I'm so glad you two are happy! :o)
Awesome! I'm so glad you guys are finally in your happy shiny place. The house sounds amazing. I want to see pictures soon!!
Yay! What a great post! I was so excited to hear from you today and thrilled to hear life's so good for you and Chris right now. That's so awesome about your move and new house. It sounds great. I think chaining yourself to the rail is a perfectly acceptable thing to do after all you've been through.
Does all this happiness mean we'll be hearing more from you now? I hope so!
Good to hear from you and I am really happy to hear that things are going so well for you guys
awesome, awesome! I am so freaking happy for you and chris. This was definitely a long time coming and very much deserved.
YEAH!!!!
Good to hear from you! I am so glad to hear you are in a good place and are happy! I think 2009 is going to be a fantastic year for your family! Swiggs must be overjoyed to have his own yard!
It's really good to hear from you!!
Welcome back, I've missed you! I am SO glad to hear that everything has finally gotten better for you guys!!!
Post a Comment