
lol.....52 sleeps!!!!!! OK, OK, moving on to the meat.....
I’m thinking this is going to be a list type post because it’s been a long time!
1. My grandfather passed away 2 Sunday’s ago (26th). As much as I am hurting (my family is SO close), it was a true blessing. Chris and I traveled to PA to see him the weekend before and the man…who was once a boxer…..couldn’t even lift a sippy cup for a two year old to his mouth to drink. Toward the end, he was asking my Mom for water, but she couldn’t give it to him, or he would aspirate. Just having those thoughts rush through my mind makes me feel so helpless, but he is in the arms of God now. He is at rest and will spend eternity in the presence of our Lord. I couldn’t ask for anything more.
2. After an insanely crappy summer, Chris and I can finally start trying for babies again! I got AF for the first time two weeks ago since my D&C back in August! Talk about a long wait.
3. We are moving to North Carolina!!!!! I know many of you already saw this on facebook, but I also know that many of you don’t have facebook. It’s been a whirlwind so far. At first, we were told the beginning of November, then the middle, then the middle of December, now right after the holidays. Talk about freaking frustrating! If anyone so much as tries to tell me that the date is changing again, I will promptly stick my foot in their butt.
4. Chris’ Project Manager has officially had her name engraved on my official “people that I REALLY don’t like list”, and trust me, the list is surprisingly short!
5. We did not carve pumpkins this year, because we thought we’d be moving, and I’m mad
6. I feel like 600 tons of weight has been lifted off of my shoulders since my grandfathers passing. My Mom, Aunt and Grandmother feel like 600 million tons have been lifted.
7. My favorite time of year has once again kicked in! From after Halloween right through New Year’s Day. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
8. Squiggs is doing well…..just needs puppy classes! He’s bad at listening sometimes!
9. I don’t have a lot of time for a lot of things that I wish I had time for….photography, scrapping, crafting, kicking through a pile of leaves, sitting by a fire, …….we always seem to move right around the same time! Our original move from PA to VA was in December 2003; our move from VA to MD was in December 2005, now our move from MD to NC will be in December/January! Geez. I guess it’s better than in the summer! Although, this won’t be too bad….we have movers! :-)
Well, I think this is going to end it for me for the day. Lots of work to do….I just wanted to make sure you all knew I was still kickin…sorry for my absence! I guess I took a blog break without even realizing it!
Happy Leaf Pile Jumping!!!!!!!!



21 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. It's rough to see them going downhill and still hard to lose them. My thoughts are with you.
Congrats on the move to NC!!!!
It is sooooo good to hear from you! I'm so sorry about your grandfather, though I can understand how much of a relief it was for him to pass.
I hope that everything goes well with TTC again, and the move! It is an exciting time in your life!
Good to hear from you. Sorry about your grandfather. Yeah for ttc again - best of luck! And how exciting to be moving. I am right there with you. We will be moving at the beginning of December.
It is so wonderful to hear from you! Wow! talk about some ups and downs. I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather but you are so right, he is in a much better place.Congrats on the move! I hope it goes smoothly and on time for the both of you!
YAY! I'm so happy to hear from you! I'm sorry about your loss. It's never easy, but to look at it from your point of view always makes it a little easier! That's exciting about moving! NC is always beautiful this time of year:) Say hi to Squiggs from Josey!! We're having to kennel her again cause she keeps having accidents! UGH! Glad you updated and hope everything is going well.
I think you will really love NC. It is a beautiful state.
So sorry about your grandfather's passing but I do understand what you mean about a weight being lifted. My grandmother had Alzheimer's Disease for several years and it is a relief to know that they are not suffering anymore.
I am sorry for your families loss.
I do hope however that the quest for babyhood is successful!
Bless you!
So glad to have you back!!
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather.
How exciting that you're moving! It's so frustrating when it gets pushed back. Our move-in date for our condo keeps getting pushed back and I just want IN. I'm so sick of our basement suite (after only one month) and we have at least 5 more to wait. Ugh!
I love the holiday season. I can't wait for Christmas this year :-)
Glad to hear you're doing well - I hope you don't take another month long break.
Yay, you posted!!!!
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather!!!!!
How exciting that you two can start TTC again!!!
I can't wait to hear all about your move! Although, we STILL have not had a chance to get together!! grrr!
I pray you continue to have many good memories to sustain you through your down times.
Good luck on the move.
I am sorry for your loss...my thoughts & prayers are with you and your family.
I hope the move goes smoothly for you guys!
Happier times are ahead!!
xoxo
YAY I am so glad you're finally back! Good to hear from you again. I love your ticker - I had that on my blog once! I love this time of year, too. From Halloween, Thanksgiving, my birthday (Dec 21st), Christmas, and New Years! It's wonderful and so filled with that holiday spirit.
I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa passing away. I watched my Grandpa suffer for over a year with a disease that ultimately caused him to die. In the end he could not feed himself, go to the bathroom by himself, etc. It was so hard seeing a big, strong, tall man get diminished to that. So I feel your pain, and I really hate you had to go through that, it's SO tough. I am here if you ever need to talk more about how you're feeling with that.
It is wonderful, wonderful news that AF has come again! I hope that you and Chris have fast success, and that this time is your happy ending finally!
You're moving to my state! How exciting! I hope they stop moving your move date on you, how frustrating! I think it will be good to not have to move during the holidays though.
I am so glad you've posted!! I've missed you!
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I know how hard that must be, but I'm glad you all have been comforted during this time.
Yay about the move! NC is a very pretty state and it sounds like it's a great opportunity for you and Chris.
And you KNOW I am praying for you about TTC. :) And if it ever gets to be too much, you know where to find me.
Love you!
Erin
I am sorry to hear about your grandfather, but it sounds like you have peace now, knowing he is in a better place.
Good luck with TTC! We are trying ourselves right now too!
I've missed you so much. I feel like my circle of friends is a little stronger now that you're back! I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. I know it's never an easy thing to experience, but it sounds like you've been healing and growing during this time. Sorry about chris' boss- Hopefully she'll get back on your good side, but with people like that she probably won't change.
good luck TTC. Hopefully life will slow down for your guys this month. I look forward to hearing about the move!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog Alicia! :) Its so nice to "meet" more people in blogland...oh yeah, and to know that Erin's not crazy, haha...I didn't think she was! :)
So sorry to hear about your grandfather, that is never an easy thing. Good luck with TTC and with the move!
Sorry to hear about your grandfather. My thoughts are with you and your family! But like you said, he is in a better place and not suffering anymore!
How awesome that you are moving to NC... I told my husband that I'd LOVE to move there if we ever decided to. :-)
Lastly, happy baby making! ~*~*~*~*~Sending some "get-prego vibes" your way! ~*~*~*~*~
Take care :-)
So happy that you're moving onto greener pastures. I look forward to reading about your new adventures in North Carolina! FYI, I decided to go private with my blog. You can email me at greggsgirl111@yahoo.com with your email address so that I can send you an invite. :)
Hope things are going well for you right now
Hope things are going well!
Hope you are doing okay and that 2009 is a wonderful year for you and your family!
Post a Comment