Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Thoughts Before a Recap

Our trip to Maine was wonderful. Really, really wonderful.

We enjoyed each and every second that we were there.

Plenty of napping, sight-seeing, and shopping.

I have been going to Maine since I was young. I know a lot about the state and I fell in deep love with it within the first few years of visiting. I have a deep appreciation for nature and love to spend my time outdoors. Maine is the perfect state for that. You can be on the beach, smelling the salt of the sea; then turn around and see mountains with the sweet smell of balsam fir pine trees. Blueberries and lobsters. L.L. Bean and Cadillac Mountain. I’ve conquered it all in my years.

Mosquito's are the state bird. That’s a joke. Sorta.

I’ve sailed the bays and the seas, eaten blueberry everything, seen a 1,700 lb. chocolate moose, watched seals sunbathe in the open seas, listened to lighthouses warn ships of the rocky coastline, watched lobster boats pull their traps and keep only the most perfect lobsters; read books about lighthouse keepers and their families, taken in the much slower and steadier pace of life, talked with God, cried my eyes out to rejuvenate my spirit while I sat on a rock that my Dad calls his own and thought about the tragedies and graces of this life; I’ve unknowingly modeled every aspect of my life, to try to equate it to the way I feel when there, and failed miserably; I’ve found buoys, starfish, sand dollars, and shells that allow me to hear the ocean when I need it most, rocks, drift wood, beach glass, and so many other small morsels that are scattered about my house; I’ve realized my dreams, and my potential; I’ve dreamed of preserving our great planet, educating those who are ignorant, pleasing my God and growing my family; I’ve felt my emotions and senses run wild; I’ve learned that peace and true harmony are possible in this broken world that we live in; I realize that God has a plan for my life. I don’t know exactly what that is yet, but I know that it will happen here. Why? What is there that I need to do to please my God? I’ve been thinking, and waiting to find out for 13 years; since I went there for the very first time.

We are considering moving there. Considering leaving behind a company that takes care of us, but kills my husband at the same time. We may be shipping off to Raleigh soon. I just don’t know. We’re in limbo right now.

The move to Maine is, of course, ideal. There is a lot of research to be done. A lot of life changing decisions to be made. Only time will tell. God has been pulling me there for 13 years. I try to tell myself that it’s just something in the air, but I can’t convince myself of that.
Our lives…..

They are up in the air, in God’s hands.

And that’s how I like it. In God’s hands.

More to come. With Pictures.

21 comments:

Amy said...

Good to hear from you and I pray that God gives you clarity and peace on the decisions in your future.

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see an update! I've always wanted to go to Maine, and now I want to go more. I'm so glad you had a great vacation. It sounds lik eyou've got a lot on your mind right now, lots of big decisions to consider. I pray the Lord gives you guidance and clarity in the coming days. Keep us posted. I missed you.

The Robbins Nest said...

wow! what a beautiful post and a beautiful, eye opening, soul searching trip. Probably just what you both needed. I am looking forward to hearing more and seeing the pictures. Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you guys returned refreshed and relaxed.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Maine sounds so wonderful and perfect.

I pray you and Chris are able to listen and reflect on God's plan for you.

I look forward to seeing some pictures :)

Me said...

Glad to hear from you! It sounds like your trip to Maine was just what you needed it to be. And, it totally made me long to visit there. I've never been able to spend time on the East coast or New England area, but now I really want to.

Can't wait to see pics!

Cathy said...

I love Maine, too. We go there for a weekend sometimes (well, we DID, pre-baby) and it's just this total sense of peace.

Platinum Rose said...

Welcome back, I've missed you and worried about you! You're really making me want to go visit Maine now! Hoping and praying that soon you will figure out what path you are supposed to go down, with the move, and job situations, and life in general! My best to you always.

Anonymous said...

As you know, I LOVE Maine and don't blame you one bit if you pack up and move on...I know I have been tempted many times. (it's the jobs that scare me or lack there of - however, I wish you the best in whatever God leads you to) xoxo

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

Yeah, you make me want to visit Maine now.

Jodi said...

Your words are beautiful! Sounds just amazing there in Maine!!!! I'm glad you had a good trip, and I can't wait to see the pictures!

Teena in Toronto said...

Happy blogoversary!

Tina said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful time in Maine! I love that state too! Many of my good college friends live there and I try to visit as often as I can. I can't wait to see pictures!

laurenjean said...

happy that you enjoyed your time in ME.
i do hope that things are less limbo-y (is that even a word) in the near future for you. ME would be quite a move...and closer to me! i do love the outlets :-)

Jenny said...

Being a New Englander myself, I can understand the draw. It is what brought us back from Colorado to Connecticut last year.

Whatever you do decide to do, I hope it is a move that brings you peace and happiness.

audreybreier said...

I have ALWAYS wanted to visit Maine and reading this post makes me want to go even more! I'm glad you had a good time and were able to rejuvenate yourself!

Rusti said...

keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers - and wishing I could go to Maine! I've always wanted to go there when the leaves are turning colors... maybe next year :)

Life's A Beach said...

As a born Mainer and my new favorite saying now that I live in Florida "You can take the girl out of Maine but you can NEVER take Maine out of the girl" your post made me so homesick. Life in Maine is wonderful. You will never meet friendlier neighbors. If you move let me know. I'll clue you in on some leads. Good luck!

laurenjean said...

just checking up on you :-)

Anonymous said...

Just checking in to see how you're doing. It's been a while since your last update :)

You know you can contact me via Facebook or email me at angelaraew@gmail.com

Hope things are going well with you and Chris :)

Blessings,
Angela

Platinum Rose said...

Thinking of you and hoping you're doing well! You continue to be in my prayers. Write another catch-up sometime please, whenever you feel like it, I miss you!