Saturday, August 16, 2008

One week....then it's Gravy

On Tuesday, I had the D&C done. At that point, I really didn't have a choice. I had been spotting for about a week and the doc wanted me to have it done...even though I really didn't want to. It went well, I was actually feeling pretty darn good until Friday morning. I woke up at 4 am with the kind of cramping that I have never experienced before. I started bleeding (sorry....TMI) and it lasted about 2 hours. After that, I fell back to sleep for about an hour and got up feeling OK. It was odd. I called the doc and they weren't really sue why it happened but told me to keep an eye on it and if I passed any clots or started bleeding heavily, I need to go to the ER. groovy. Today, I feel pretty good. I'm just exhausted from the past week, but I'm doing fairly well over all!

Chris and I decided that after the insane summer we've had (and barely spending any time together because he's been working like a dog) we are going away for a week. We are going to Maine!!!!!! My favorite place in the world. We are f=going Sept. 13-20th and I am thrilled! We need to get away and spend some serious time together. This summer has been pretty lonely on top of all of the other things we've ha happen. I can't wait to spend some time with my baby!

I do love my temporary job assignment....I am working for a staffing agency called Randsad. Chris refers to it as Ramstein. I am working in their office as a Branch Assistant....and I love it! I get to help people find work everyday and it really is a rewarding position. I wish it didn't have to end, but it does in September sometime. I have no idea what's going to happen after that. We'll see. I really don't feel too worried. I know God has it under control.

Speaking of God, I sear I've been falling away from Him lately. Not on purpose and not because I mad or angry about the past few months.....I just haven't been growing like I was. I have been slipping. I'm working on getting back on track...so say a little prayer please....I could use it!

Anywho, I can't check out blogs at work right now, so I've fallen behind substantially. Today, I will try to catch up as much as I can.

I can't wait to get back to a little bit of normalcy. Chris has one more week of work hell to deal with until the hotel opens and then it's all gravy from there (so we hope!)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and Chris really do need that vacation. Hope you guys have tons of fun.

I'll try to email you some information about the company I work for, I know they are hiring now that most of the summer interns are leaving.

Jodi said...

Have fun on your little get-a-way! I'm sure you'll enjoy the time together!

I'll be praying for you, you know that!

Life's A Beach said...

I am so jealous~~you are going to Maine!! Say hi to all my friends for me!

Seriously, I hope you have a wonderful vacation. September is actually a wonderful time to go, too! Have you taken the ferry out to Long Island yet? I highly recommend it. When you get off the ferry climb the hill to the right and walk down a 1/2 mile or so. When you get to the store go left and walk up a long street/hill. When it forks stay on the dirt road. You come out to an amazing white sand beach and you can find tons of sea glass.

When you walk back to the ferry stop at the Rusty Spar for mussels on the deck. It's the best day in Maine!!

Jenny said...

I am glad to hear you are getting away with the hubby. You two definitely need some time together. I am sorry you had to go through so much, I know the D&C is not that easy to get through. But you will make it through this and I will say a prayer for you to be able to get yourself back on your spiritual path.

erin said...

Yay! Another update...:)

I'm so sorry you ended up having the D&C...I know that's not what you wanted. I'll be continuing to pray for you, as always.

And a SUPER YAY! for Maine!! I love, love, love Maine....and you know what? We're going there, too! But not when you are. :( We're heading out on Sunday and then coming back the following weekend.

Where are you guys staying? We're going to be in Christmas Cove (near Damariscotta) and taking day trips to Camden, Boothbay Harbor and my favorite place in the entire world Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. What a bummer we're not going to be there at the same time! But, I know you'll have a fabulous time and I'm so glad you guys are getting some time to take a vacation.

Love you lots,
Erin

Platinum Rose said...

I am SO happy you two are going to get away from it all for a week, to Maine. That will be so wonderful and just what you two need! It couldn't come fast enough! I am glad you're enjoying your temp job, too, very good! You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I am amazed at how well you are taking everything that's happened lately with the miscarriage. You are VERY strong. Even though you feel like you are falling behind on your faith journey, the fact that you are handling everything so well, speaks volumes to the faith you already do have.

Platinum Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

That is great that you get to have a little time away after the crazy summer you have been having. I know you will have a fabulous time!

The Robbins Nest said...

I am so happy to hear that you and chris are going on a vacay. Have a a wonderful time. You are incredibly strong. My SIL went through the same thing and I can only imagine what you must be feeling. Stay in the moment and enjoy yourself.

laurenjean said...

you need a getaway and maine is the perfect place!!!!! i love popping up to maine (since its only an hour or so away) - its beautiful up there! enjoy your time together.

happy that you like the job situation so far - too bad it wasnt for longer! i am sure something else will come along!!

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

I will be praying that your walk with God grows again.

Bless you.

Anonymous said...

I love Maine...have fun...sounds like things are starting to look up! :O)