Sunday, August 03, 2008

It's Time

For me to finally post!

It seems to me that I owe you all a big ol update. I really didn't realize that it's been so long since I've updated.

On Friday, the miscarriage process FINALLY began. finally. Who knows how long it will take, but I hope not weeks. geez. I'm at the point now where I've completely accepted it and I can be around other babies and be happy and content and begin to really look forward to trying again!

Going to my doctor back in my hometown really made me feel a lot better about the whole situation. He was wonderful. Sweet, caring and he explained everything...as I knew he would. He is a wonderful person, not just a doctor.



Anywho, my SIL is getting married on Dec. 6th and I am so excited! I'm getting ready to start a scrapbook for her. I'm going to make all of the pages with places for her

to put in her pictures. I'm excited to do it because I really enjoy scrapping for other people. It really relaxes me as well and I haven't done any scrapping in quite a while.



My Grandfather is in kidney failure. This is the grandfather who had two open heart surgeries at 84 years old within 11 months of each other and has been in a home since. Chris and I went to see him last weekend and he is in good spirits, but incredibly confused. He was talking to us about the time that The two of us and Chris played golf with Tiger Woods, and how we kicked the pants off of Bill and Hillary Clinton. He also has dementia, but the kidney failure is making the onset come a lot quicker. Hospice was also called in. At this point, he doesn't want to be treated. He is ready to go and I can't blame him. He is 86 and has been through a lot in the past two years. He was still of sound mind when he made this decision. I love my grandfather and seeing him this way breaks my heart. When he does pass, I know that he will be in much better hands than anyone on this earth can give him. My grandfather is ready to go be with God. He is a devout Christian and he knows exactly what is coming. It will be sad for the family left here, but he is looking forward to the greatest thing.

I've been working on this piddly little update since this morning and it's now almost 9:30. It's close to bed time for me, I just wanted to let you all know that I'm here, I miss you, I have TON of catching up to do and I'm fine. I appreciate all of your emails, prayers, and comments. You'll hear from me soon!

Love you guys!

16 comments:

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

I went private on my blog a while back and went public for a few months. I am returning to private and want to let you know so that you could send me your email address if you want an invite. If you are already on the list or have recently given me your email just disregard this. I am posting this comment on everyones page. I just don't want anyone to be left out. Have a great day!

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

I am praying for your family and hope that all is well for you. Be blessed!

Heather said...

I'm so glad you updated. I've been wondering about you.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. I know how hard it is. It sounds like he's ready and knows that someday soon he'll be free of pain and confusion. I'll keep him in my prayers.

erin said...

I am so happy to have an update from you! I'm glad that your doctor was so caring and wonderful--I know that has to be such a blessing.

I'm praying for your grandpa and your family.

Love you!
Erin

Joyce said...

I am so glad you are back! I am glad that your doctor was much better!

I will praying for you and your family.

Kristen Miller said...

I'm glad to hear from you. I've been thinking about you. I'm happy to hear that you're feeling better. I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa but it is so relieving knowing that he's ready to go onto a better place. You and your family are in my prayers. XOXO

LCP said...

It is good to see an update from you and that all went well with your family doctor.

Sorry to hear about your grandfather, but great he is a Christian and accepts his time may be soon. Such a blessing.

Prayers and hugs to you and your family this week.

Jenny said...

I am glad that you are doing better but don't rush your body. Unfortunately it will probably take several weeks before your hCG comes back down to zero. Just take care of yourself.

Congrats on your SIL getting married. I have gone to 3 weddings so far this summer and I just love when people I love get married!

Zoe D. said...

I'm soo happy to finally hear from you! I hope you're doing well and want you to know that I've been praying for you guys:) Give Squiggs a puggy kiss for me:)

laurenjean said...

so happy to hear from you!!!!!
i have been sending good thoughts your way - it sound like you are in a good place.
i LOVE scrapping, but i have zero time to do it. i made one for my mom for mothers day a few years back and she keeps asking when she wil get a new page...geez, i dont know, but i hope soon!!

oh...and we love ya back <3

Jodi said...

YAY! You ARE still alive! I've been going nuts! :o) I'm glad you're doing well! I hope, for your sake, that this whole process is over in no time and you can get to trying again!

So sorry to hear about your Grandpa!

Platinum Rose said...

Thank you SO much for that update, I've been checking daily for one. (Apparently my browser doesn't refresh very well though since it's Tuesday and I'm just now seeing your post). I am very relieved to hear that you are doing ok with everything, I have been worried. I hope that the whole wretched process will end soon so you can get back to TTC really soon.

I am very sorry to hear about your Grandfather. Seeing those we love suffer, not be the same people we are used to having in our lifes (i.e. dementia) is SO incredibly tough to deal with, and I hate that you are going through that right now. What a wonderful thing though that he's a Christian, and ready to go and meet God. I believe someday you'll see him again. Until then, like you said, it will be tough for those of you left behind. But he's suffered long enough. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I am here if you ever need to talk/email.

That's exciting you're doing a scrapbook for your SIL! How nice of you. I think scrapbooking is so neat, but I don't have the time or patience to do it. That's why my Mom and MIL are making a wedding scrapbook for me. I just hope they get it done before our 5 year anniversary hahaha (we just celebrated 3 years).

Theresa said...

I am so glad you updated, I've been wondering. I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather, and I know you are doing exactly what he needs, to have to stop by. He knows he is loved. Hospice was wonderful with my grandmother, I hope they bring you comfort knowing they are there. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Tiffany said...

Glad to read an update! Sorry things are so difficult right now.

I envy your scrapbooking ability. I really wanted to get into scrapbooking and I was sure I would love it. Not so much! I bought all the stuff but I was such a perfectionist I would just end up not even liking the pages. I've decided to just stick to taking pictures now! :)

Life's A Beach said...

Sweetie~I am so out of the loop and just got back on. I am so sorry. I can't even think of what to say other than I will say a prayer for you and your entire family today.

Anonymous said...

Hey stay strong girl.
Haven't seen you guys in a while.
Any update on the job yet?