Monday, July 14, 2008

THIS....is getting comical

I go to the OB today to get my blood draw and pick up my five pages, and guess what? They LOST my file and actually told me. Albeit, it was a temporary loss of PERSONAL MEDICAL RECORDS....they were not where they should have been. 45 minutes later, I got what I wanted.

I went to the car to check them out and make sure it was all there. I started to read the u/s results from the hospital and almost blew a gasket. Please read the following very carefully.

"There is an empty intrauterine gestational sac. This measures about 7+ weeks menstrual age. The possibilities would include a blighted ovum or an intrauterine pregnancy that is simply TOO EARLY TO IDENTIFY FETAL PARTS. Correlation with quantitative hCG measurements and follow-up examination recommended."

Are you KIDDING me!? They told me that my u/s results from the hospital confirmed the diagnosis of a b/o. This was told to me BEFORE they started to monitor my hCG levels and according to the hospital, it could have been a viable pregnancy, just too early to tell. I have an anteverted (forward tilting) uterus. They aged the sac at 7w6d, and my doc aged my pregnancy 8w2d.

I am so frustrated and upset, but I'm calm because I'm going to see someone that I KNOW, and he is a wonderful doctor.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

God Lord! Please Please let us know what your new Dr. says.

Jodi said...

OMG!!!!!!!!! This is completely ridiculous! I can't believe what I just read! I am sooooooooooooo glad you're going to see your old doctor this week!!! I really hope that you DO, indeed, have a viable pregnancy! IDIOTS!!!!! According to my lmp, I should be at 8 wks today, according to the u/s that I had the other day I'm only 7w3d! So, just because the u/s aged it differently they told you that you've lost it!? There was only a three day difference in the measurements! How would that lead them to that conclusion without doing another u/s, like NOW!? UGH! Did they give you a picture of the u/s? Please be sure to post when you get back from the other doctor!!!!

Tiffany said...

WHAT???? I am so glad you are going to go see another dr! This is crazy! I hope your new doctor is more with it and tells you what you need to know!

Mrs. Taco said...

Alicia, honey! This is what happened to me with my first pregnancy!! They did the same thing. I didn't have a blighted ovum but they told me I was going to have a miscarriage because they didn't see what they thought they should have seen. And whadayaknow, I was still pregnant! It was just too early for them to see anything! I am so keeping my fingers crossed that you are still pregnant! Please post just as soon as you find out something else. This whole thing has gotten so out of control and I'm sure you are more frustrated than any of us - wondering what's going on and when this is all going to be over! Take care, sweetie.

Ray and Chrissy said...

Alicia,

Doctor's make mistakes ALL THE TIME. I am glad that you did NOT do the d & c. I am also really happy to hear that you are seeing a doctor that you know. BTW what state are you in? MD, right? If you are in Baltimore county or close by I can recommend my wonderful Ob/Gyn-seriously (she's affliated with Sinai in the city too). Please email me if you are interested.

Christine.Parrish@gmail.com

Wait it out. Your ovulation date may be off by a week and with a forward tilting (or back tilting uterus) the sac, fetal pole etc are often difficult to see. Make sure your doc sends you out for another u/s with a good tech who is familiar with differnt uteri shapes.

Good Luck you are in my prayers tonight!

Anonymous said...

Your story (and others) so back up my total distrust in the medical community as a whole. This makes me so sick.

Alicia, I am so sorry that you are going through all of this right now and my prayer is that you are firmly in the grasp of our Lord and Savior, whatever the trial. I can't wait to hear what the REAL doctor says when you see him. When is the appointment??

Platinum Rose said...

What a huge emotional mess. I am so sorry this has turned into such a frustrating mess. I continue to keep you and your situation in my thoughts and prayers. I hope going to the other doctor will help bring some final sort of answers to all this. Hang in there!

laurenjean said...

again - our stories are similar in an un-canny way. i hope that the good dr will be able to give you some straight anwsers at least. always thinking of you ;-)

Joyce said...

I am so sorry you are going through this! You are in my prayers and I am hoping you get good news.

LCP said...

wow, that totally blows my mind. I cannot beleive how much trust we put in our doctors and rely on them for the best information we can, then when we read the "encripted" u/s we see in black and white what the doc did not. Wow, I would be so peod at that doc and do everything I could to make sure the office and her superiors where made aware of this information.

I am so glad you went with your heart and are pursuing a second opinion!!

Prayers and hugs!!

audreybreier said...

Wow..I can't believe that doctor's office! I'm SO glad you're switching doctors and I so hope that you get good news from the new doctor! I'm also so glad you didn't go with the D&C! Keep us updated and I'm praying SO HARD that you get some good news! What a miracle that would be!

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

Some doctors amaze me. Didn't they go to school?! I mean, come on people!

Platinum Rose said...

You are very much in my thoughts, and I am praying for you guys. Please update again soon when you can.

laurenjean said...

just wanted to pop in and tell you i was thinking about you!

Jodi said...

Hey lady! I was just thinking about you, and thought I'd check in! I hope you're doing okay!!!

Mrs.D said...

I hope your appointment with the new doctor went well. Sending you lots of good thoughts!

LCP said...

Thinking about you...hope everything is going OK. Prayers and hugs!!

laurenjean said...

hope everything is going well - just thinking about you

Tiffany said...

Hope you're doing okay!

Jodi said...

Hey girl! We need an update from you! I want to hear about your trip! Hope you're doin' alright

Joyce said...

thinging about you! Hope you are doing ok.

erin said...

Okay, I'm going to be the millionth person to say that I miss you and hope to see an update soon. I also may just be giving you a phone call. I hope you're okay--I've been praying for you and thinking about you pretty non-stop!

Love you!
Erin

Platinum Rose said...

I've been thinking about you a lot lately. I check your blog daily to see if you've put up an update. I hope you're doing ok. Praying for you lots!