FOUR weeks to get my medical records relased. OH, and it SIXTY-NINE cents per page.
I CAN, however, get up to five pages copied today. WOOHOO!
Aren't these MY medical records, with MY personal information, about the problem I am having? How much more frustrated do you guys think I can get before I lose my cool on these people? geez.
I swear.....I just want to get away from these fools. RIGHT.NOW.
I go to get blood work done AGAIN today. I will get my five pages and be on my way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Tell them it's for "continuation of care" and they might waive the charge. Usually places will SEND your records to any other doctor/hospital for free, but if you want them yourself they charge you. But if you say it's an out of state doctor that you're seeing this/next week, they might be more helpful.
Good luck!
I agree with Cathy. I told my doctor I wanted them for a second opinion from an out of state doctor. I didn't get charged and they MUST send the records to you within 30 days (per HIPPA-that's 4 weeks like you said) it has to be in your hand by the 30th day (FYI).
The records belong to you, not the doctor. I would take a look at the HIPPA laws before you call them again so you know your rights.
What!? I have never heard of that! But, I've never tried to get a copy of my records. I did work at an eye doctor's office and we never charged anyone for a copy of their records! Wow!
Oh goodness, it seems like the more convenient the world tries to get, the more redtape and frustration is created. I have no practical advice, but I pray you will have peace about all of this in the meantime - I am sure God is working all the while. He has you in His arms through the whole thing, remember to rest in Him.
Wow, I would be frustrated too, with all you have going on. I hope you take Cathy and Chrissy's suggestions and call them back. They shouldn't charge you if they are sending them somewhere else. BS.
And I would be so frustrated with the doc you saw too. What crap. Definately find another practice and doctor to go through for the future!!
Hope your week picks up!
Alicia, you and Chris just hang in there. If you guys make it through this, I have no doubt you'd be able to make it through anything.
Think, what's the one thing you've always asked God for? He's giving you tons of practice. Hang in there k.
Love you.
I'm so sorry that you're dealing with crap that is just making this all more stressful and harder. I am glad that you're going to get to see a doctor that you like and are comfortable with.
Just remember that although Chris can't know exactly how you feel, it's still important to talk to each other. I had to tell my DH that it was OK to let me know if I was being too moody and taking it out on him--as long as he did it nicely. It enabled me to either tell him why I was upset, or to realize that whatever was going on wasn't what was bothering me and let it go.
Make sure you've got an outlet for your feelings, and that Chris has one too.
Post a Comment