Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Things

It seems to be update time. It should have been update time last week. What, with the constant nausea and fatigue....I feel un-human. :-) Just kidding. But really.....I kinda do.

So in my efforts to eat as healthy as I can (those chocolate chip cookies DIDN'T count, OK! It was semi-sweet chips!), I've been trying to find all of the local farmers markets, co-ops, etc. FINALLY, I scored a one-stop listing shop! I was over visiting Jenny, Craig and Chloe and do you know what she had posted? This linky. and I am VERY excited. I had no idea that my local fairgrounds had a huge farmers market every single saturday! oh the joy I feel at this very moment is incredible. It made my day....maybe even my week!

Growing up in SMALL town PA, I was spoiled by Farmers Markets. Some of the Amish farms had stands set up, some of the local farmers had produce for sale at a weekly flea market called ROOTS (LOOOOVED this place!!!!!!). I'm NOT content buying my produce from a local grocery store like Giant. Even if it says Organic, I'm still sketchy. I was spoiled growing up with ONLY the best fruits and veggies. What a blessing it was! I want the same for my family, and now it's even MORE important with me being knocked up and all. :-)

PLUS, supporting your local farmers....you CAN'T go wrong. I'm pretty sure I'd live on a farm if I could. Not a ranch because something about calf nuts and raising animals for food makes me sick (no, I'm not a vegetarian, but I hate to think of where my meat comes from...(thank you faces of death when I was 13). Anywho, I love fresh produce and I am incredibly excited to now have this website in my arsenal of information.

As far as the pregnancy...I go in for my first u/s tomorrow at 4. Chris is the ever involved father. I've rescheduled twice, just so he can be there. I'm grateful that he wants to be there for every single appointment. I'll keep him. :-)

Nausea and I have been spending quite a bit of time together. It's here all day off and on, but I haven't thrown up, thank God. I hate that. I'm so so tired too. I've worked a temp job Mon, Tues and today of this week, and holy jeez....I'm worn out! I'll spare you all of the other little issues haunting me. They aren't bad, just annoying.

Other than that....I feel fabulous. My pants are on the verge of not buttoning anymore. Water retention. fun.

In 3 weeks, I will be heading to the beach with the girls on my Mom's side for 4 days. I am so looking forward to that! How I need to get away! I only wish that Chris and I could go away for a week. We haven't had any extended time away in a long time and we need it!!!!! *sigh* tis life i guess.

The potty is calling my name. I knew you wanted to know that, so I shared. ;-)

13 comments:

Kas said...

It's good to hear from you! I'm glad things are going well for you and the little itty bitty one. I hope the nausea fades soon, so you can enjoy your pregnancy even more!!!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I just love your excitement, and how even the nausea and fatigue isn't tempering it!

Have a fantastic time at the beach with your family. I do hope you and Chris are able to take a good, long vacation together before the baby comes. :)

-Andrea

Jodi said...

Oh, the nausea! UGH! I'm starting to remember why I disliked pregnancy the first time! :o)

Ummm, I'm SOOOO jealous you get an u/s already! Not fair! I had to do some hard core researching to find an OB out in good ol' MD! That wasn't stressful at all! Grrr! I found one though, and I'm kinda hoping that it's routine for them to do an early u/s! It's so amazing, it'll be a little more real for you too once you can see your little one! Oooh, I'm just so excited for you! And, it's great that Chris wants to be so involoved! I think Josh only went to one of my appointments with Ali, besides the big u/s one, which was fine with me, it wouldn't have been too exciting for him.

okay, now seriously...when the heck are we gonna get together!?! :o)

Ann M. said...

Good luck with the ultrasound! Don't worry about not fitting into your pants very well at this point--that's what husbands' closets are for! I lived in DH's sweatpants until I finally broke down and bought maternity clothes.

I wish I could tell you that the fatigue gets better...but I don't want to lie ;)

erin said...

I'm so glad to see an update from you!! I've been wondering how things are going, and am glad to finally know! :)

I'm glad you get to go away for a bit...I'm sure it'll be relaxing for you, and gracious knows you need it after the events of the past few months!

Thanks again for your email--you're such a blessing to me and I so wish we lived closer....drat. Maybe someday. ;)

Oh! And Matt's grandparents were Amish...so I know all about the goodness that is Amish food and homegrown veggies...yum. I'm glad you found a market you can support!

Love you!
Erin

Ray and Chrissy said...

I hear ya on the nausea-today was definitely the worst for me. I also have not thrown up (so at least there is that) but I feel like I am constantly motion/seasick. UGH! It's awful.

They say it gets worse before it gets better. As for being tired, I could probably sleep 20 hours if they'd let me. That's why working while pregnant SUCKS!

Good luck at your u/s. We had two already and got to see our baby's heartbeat-totally awesome experience! I hope yours is too!

Platinum Rose said...

That's great Chris wants to go to all your appointments. I think that's how it should be! And I totally agree with you about local farmer's markets and buying from local farmers to support them. I really love that my husband and I have gotten into shopping at our farmer's market in recent months. We even buy our beef there - grass fed and much leaner than what you get at the grocery store. I hope your nausea goes away soon! And I hope you appt goes wonderfully today! YAY for being pregnant!

audreybreier said...

I'm glad Chris is going with you to all of your appointments. Nathan went to all of mine with Cade and he said the other day he plans on going to all of them with this one too! I like having him there with me!

Nathan and I are actually going to the Farmer's Market in our town on Saturday. I think we're going to make it a weekly ritual. I'm very excited about going...plus, I think it will help cut down on the cost of groceries because I buy a lot of fresh produce.

I can't wait to hear about your appointment today! I wish I got an early ultrasound! I have to wait until 20 weeks to get one. Although, yesterday a friend told me about this place that is offering free ultrasounds until the end of July for people who are between 7 and 20 weeks, so I'm going to schedule mine for the very last day of July and *maybe* they can tell me if it's a boy or girl..we'll see. It could be too early, but I'd like to try anyway!

Let us know how your appointment goes!

Heather said...

I hope the ultrasound goes well today! I hope the nausea goes away soon. I know it's not fun!

laurenjean said...

ah, the joys of being pregnant...sounds like you are already in all the 'fun'!!!
i hope you enjoy your mini-beach-vacation!!!

Tiffany said...

Glad to hear that you are doing well and found a farmers market. Hope the nausea goes away soon. Can't wait to hear about the first ultrasound!

Jenny said...

I am glad you were able to find a local farmers market. I love that localharvest.org -- it is a great resource and I agree about supporting your local farmers.

I can't wait to hear the news from your first U/S and hopefully we can see a pic of the little bean!

Theresa said...

How exciting, you're first u/s. That's wonderful! I love localharvest.org too. I've used it many a time. Went to my local farmers market this morning. I grew up in Iowa, so I was quite spoiled like you. Upstate NY isn't bad...but it's not like the one back home. Have fun exploring the area! I hope your nausea comes to end before you know it.