Monday, July 07, 2008

No Title

I’ve been contemplating how to start this post since our u/s two weeks ago on Thursday and there is just no good way to do it, so here it is, plain and simple…

I have what’s called a blighted ovum. I basically have an amniotic sac in there, but no fetus. Typically, the fetus dies early on and most women miscarry so early that they may not even know they were pregnant. Then there are my cases where you know you’re pregnant go in for your very first ultra sound for your very first pregnancy and the doctor says “well, looks like we don’t have a healthy pregnancy here, do you know what a blighted ovum is?” just.like.that. cold and unconcerned…because I’m sure he sees it often. BUT I DON’T.
There are two options. Let the miscarriage occur naturally, or get a D&C. I’ve chosen the natural route because I don’t want a D&C unless it’s absolutely necessary…..so here I sit, feeling pregnant, yet waiting on a miscarriage. Do you know what it’s like to actually WAIT on your body to miscarry?
Its different feelings, different emotions….constant changes. It’s absolutely, purely terrible.
I’m doing a temp job this week and I will post more later, but I saw Jamie’s post and thought that it’s about time for me to post. My family knows and we are beginning to tell friends. We are getting mixed calls of congrats (to those who may just be reading an email or listening to a message from weeks ago) and I’m sorry’s. It’s pretty overwhelming, BUT Chris and I KNOW that God is in control. HE has a bigger and better plan, and there was a reason for this. We trust Him. We love Him. He has blessed us in so many ways and I know he will continue to. He is dealing with a multitude of emotions from me day to day, but He is big. So much bigger than me. He can handle it.

So here I sit….torn and angry, but comforted by my Father’s greatest love and that is what is getting Chris and I through.

36 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry.

I hope things move along quickly for you so you can start healing and moving ahead again.

Jodi said...

Oh my gosh Alicia! I hate that this had to happen to you! I can't even imagine what you're going through, but I'm so glad that you're trying your best to rely on God. I'm praying for you and your healing!

(((((hugs)))))

Kas said...

I'm so sorry Alicia. I will definitely be praying for you and your family.

erin said...

As the lovely girls above me have said, and I'm sure many others will say, I am so, so sorry.

I was thinking about you all last week while we were in Ohio and was just praying so hard for you and Chris.

I'm glad that you both are leaning on each other and that you're looking to God during this. And if anyone knows something of what you're going through, you know I do and am ALWAYS here whenever you need me.

Love you so much!
Erin

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, I'm so sorry! I pray that you and Chris will continue to lean on God and be healed by Him.

Lots of love.

Ann M. said...

Oh, Alicia, I am so sorry. I have been in the exact same situation as you and it really is awful. My heart goes out to you and Chris. Please be careful and keep in touch with your doctor.

Allow yourself to deal with this however you can, and we're here for you when you need someone to listen.

LCP said...

I am soo sorry to hear that, you will be in my prayers.

audreybreier said...

I'm so so sorry. My heart broke when I read this. I will be praying for you guys and I'm so sorry you are going through this. Please let me know if you ever want to talk!

cdsbutterfly said...

Sorry to hear that you are going through this. Sending good thoughts your way.

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, you and Chris are always in my prayers, just wanted you to know. Stay Strong.

laurenjean said...

alicia-
i commend you on opening up to the community about this. i know exactly what it is like and know the strength it takes and i am proud of you.
i hope nature takes it course for you soon because i know the waiting is both heartbreaking and nerve-wracking so your process of healing can begin and you can move forward. i will be thinking of you and praying for you and chris. you are right, there is a plan and keep your faith.

i am still here if you need anything...anything...

Me said...

Alicia,

I'm just getting caught up on blogs and was so sad to read your post today. What awful news for you to get...

I'll be praying that you can continue to lean on the Lord and find comfort in Him. Take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

This was totally not the news I was expecting. I just said, "Oh no" out loud while reading. Praying for you and Chris during this difficult time.

Amy said...

I truly am so sorry for you - this is a terrible thing that you are going through and so very unfortunate. I will be praying for you both in this really tough time.

Anonymous said...

oh, alicia. i'm so sorry. and, yes, i do know what it's like to sit & wait for your body to miscarry. you feel like your body has failed you. i know all the feelings that you're experiencing right now. sadly, i know them all too well. i am so, so, so sorry. i was looking for your e-mail address, but i don't think i have it. if you have questions or you want to talk, please leave me a comment on my blog with your e-mail or get my e-mail from my blog.

i am so sorry! i will be praying for you & chris.

The Robbins Nest said...

Oh sweetie.. I am so so sorry to have read this. My heart goes out to you and Chris. I am praying for you. Thank you for sharing this. I realize this is so hard.

Jenn (Life's Sweet Melody) said...

I am so sorry. You and Chris are in my prayers.

Tina said...

I am so sorry Alicia! I will be praying for God's comfort to surround and overwhelm you.

Ray and Chrissy said...

Oh Alicia, I am so very sorry that this happened to you! You and Chris must be heartbroken!

Be kind to yourself during this time.

Lots of hugs and prayers to you and Chris!!

Zoe D. said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry for your alls loss. You have such a good attitude about it and you're exactly right. There is a reason for this. I know anything anybody says won't help, but know you guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

Platinum Rose said...

I am SO very sorry to hear that, Alicia. Ugh, I just can't imagine how upset you are. That was really mean of the doctor to be so unfeeling and matter-of-fact about it. There are other bloggers in our group that have had this same thing happen - blighted ovum. Do you read Sara's blog? That's what happened to her. You and Chris are in my thoughts and prayers. You two are strong and have a great faith, I know you will get through this, and before you know it your time to be pregnant with a healthy baby will be here. I am so sorry you are having to go through this.

Jenny said...

Alicia, I am so sorry to hear you have to go through this. I can truly understand your pain, having had two miscarriages prior to having Chloe--both were blighted ova. The first one I chose to m/c naturally. The second I had a D&C (mostly because the m/c I had was 'incomplete'). Neither option is an easy one to choose. You are right to put your faith and trust in God and he will see you through this tough time.

If you even want to talk, feel free to let me know.

Jenny
jennifermassicotte@hotmail.com

Tiffany said...

I'm so sorry Alicia! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers! Take care.

Kristen Miller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen Miller said...

I've been thinking about you daily. I'm still so sad for you and Chris. You guys are being so strong and taking the right outlook to this situation. This must be such a tough time for you but things will turn around. God is faithful! Praying for you.

Love,
Kristen

Joyce said...

I am so sorry! My eyes filled with tears I as I read your post. I can only imagine how you are feeling. I am so inspired by your faith. You abilty to stand on God is beautiful. He will get you through this and I can only hope that I could be so strong in my faith if I was faced with the same sitituation.

Rusti said...

Alicia - I am so sorry, I know there really isn't much more I can say but that, and that I'm thinking of, and praying for, you and Chris. I can't imagine going through what you are and being so strong. Your faith in God is inspiring. You are definitely in my prayers. HUGS.

Mrs.Gator said...

Alicia,

I am so sorry to read of your loss! My baby sister has experienced this as well so I have seen how difficult it is to go through and I am truly so very sorry that you have to deal with this. You and Chris will be in my prayers.

Mrs. Taco said...

I cam over just as soon as I read your comment! I can't even believe that - well, I know that there is nothing I can say that will make you feel any better (speaking from experience, of course). The only thing on my part is that I didn't go as long as you. I can't even believe there is no baby! I don't even know what else to say. :o( I will keep you and Chris in my prayers. Take care.

Jenny said...

{{HUGE HUGS}} Oh my gosh Alicia, I'm so very sorry for your loss! Even though there is little comfort that I can offer, you have my friendship, thoughts and heartfelt prayers to help you through this. Take care of yourself Sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Alicia,
I am so sorry. I can't even think of the right words to try to convey. My husband and I have not embarked on the journey to have children yet, but I can only imagine how difficult this was. But as you said, God is in control, just rest in that knowledge.

tm said...

I am so sorry.... I will be pryaing for you and your family

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

I am so sorry. My prayers are with you.

Theresa said...

I am so sorry for you and Chris. You are in my prayers.

Cakabaker said...

Alicia & Chris- I'm so very sorry about all you are going thru. I have not been in blogland lately and am just catching up on posts. Know that you are both in my prayers and that I am praying for you to heal and be "normal" again. Can one ever really be normal after the loss of a child ( be it several weeks or sixteen years)? We do the best we can.

Dawn said...

I have been bad about keeping up with people's blogs lately...and even though so much time has passed, I just saw this post and I wanted to say I am so sorry. You guys will be in my prayers.