So many of you have been emailing me and commenting about "the news" and what your guesses are. You are all so sweet and so RIGHT! Chris and I are expecting our first baby!!!!!
I am about 7 weeks due February 2 (the Monday after the Super Bowl)! LOL....those of you who really "know" me know that this is a huge deal because football is a big deal in our home! It's pure irony. :-)
We are SO incredibly excited. We are incredibly blessed. We thank God every single day that He has given us such an amazing miracle! I love knowing that there is a little person taking form inside of me (although, it still doesn't seem too real yet).
So far, I only have spurts of nausea...nothing major. I'm more exhausted than anything!
I had my first appointment on Friday and it was more health history and blood work than anything. I look like I've been hitting the drugs something serious! My arms are all bruised up because my veins decided not to cooperate.
My first u/s is on the 25th...internal......fun. :-)
Chris is determined to come to every single appointment with me. He is incredibly involved so far and I thank God that he blessed me with such an amazing man who wants nothing more than to be the best husband and father he can be.
So that's part I of my big news! BABY FLYNN IS ON THE WAY!!!!!!
Please keep me and our little sweet pea in your prayers.
Part two is the not so good part. I found out I was pregnant two weeks ago on Sunday and that Tuesday, I lost my job. Seems to be a disease in my family! Chris and I are actually OK with it. I never talked much about it on here, but the truth is, I didn't fit in to that organization (if you can even call it that) at all. They worked a lot more hours than I was willing to put in. My job description changed about 6 weeks in to my time with them. It went from you typical 9-5 HR Assistant to a 9-wheneveritgetsdone HR/Marketing Assistant. My priorities are God, my husband, family and friends, my home, and THEN everything else. I made that perfectly clear when I signed on. Well, after another 6 weeks of me not giving 100% (as in 10:00 work nights, holiday weekend work, etc.) they decided to let me go.
It's OK though, it's more than OK, it's wonderful! I don't want to get in to what the owner was like, but the way he runs things is a sorry excuse for a business, and he is a sorry excuse for a business man.
His philosophy for all of his new employees is "learn it yourself". HA! I was working on assisting another new person in contract writing and she was just as frustrated as me, if not more. The difference between us is that she put in the hours. I refused to.
Anyway, I've now been unemployed for 1.5 weeks and have an interview on Thursday for a temporary position (it starts in July and goes through September. Chris and I are going to live off of his income and use whatever I make between now and when the baby arrives as our savings cushion.
While I can say that it hasn't been easy losing a job...it's ONLY a job and I'm not a career oriented person. I'm a mother and wife oriented person. It's what I want. To take care of my family and raise our children through God.
That's what's happening in the Flynn house.....cat's out of the bag!
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



32 comments:
Congrats about the baby!!! I figured that was what you had to share, and am so happy that is what the news is!!!
Here's to a healthy 9 months!!!
Congratulations Alicia!! I am so excited for you and Chris!! I will keep you all in my prayers as Baby Flynn develops and grows--what a wonderful, wonderful blessing. I am truly, truly happy for you. :)
I will also be praying about your job situation--I think that it's awesome that you've been given a peace about how it all happened, and I know that God will work it out for the good.
Love you so much!
Erin
Congratulations!
Congratulations to you and Chris! Yay, Baby Flynn is on his/her way :-)
I'm glad to hear you're so at peace with your job situation. I will be praying about your job - - I trust God has sometime truly wonderful in store for you :-)
I knew it!! Congratulations Alicia, and welcome to the club! Looking forward to reading more about your pregnancy as the weeks go on. :)
I understand what you mean about not being a career oriented person. I just want to be a wife and mother, too. That would be job enough for me. God has much bigger plans in store for you!
Alicia! What wonderful news! I'm so excited for you and Chris. I'll certainly be praying for the health of your little one.
Sorry to hear about your job, but it certainly sounds like it was for the best. I'm glad that you're okay with the way it worked out.
I can't wait to follow along with your pregnancy!
Yay..I can congratulate you publicly now! I'm so beyond excited for you. Babies are such a blessing and you're going to make an amazing mom! I'm glad we get to be pregnant at the same time and have babies the same age! How fun!!
I'm sorry to hear about your job, but you're right, your job isn't everything. You guys will be fine and who knows..maybe this happening will somehow work out for you to be a stay at home mom. That's what happened with me. I had a job and then got fired and then we realized we were fine on just Nathan's income..we never would have even realized that if I hadn't lost my job first. Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so thrilled for you and Chris!
Congratulations! I thought that a baby on the way might be your big news! That is some very exciting news! Sorry about the job situation but it doesn't sound like a good place and you certainly deserve something better. Hope you still continue to feel well and that the temporary position works out!
AAAAHHHHHH!!! That's what I thought must be going on!!! Congratulations! I am so excited for you two!!! YAY!
I am very sorry to hear about your job though. I hope you get that temporary job. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Again, CONGRATULATIONS! Such a blessing! And something you have hoped and dreamed about for a while now!
Wonderful news! Congratulations on your growing family.
Congrats! How exciting and wonderful!
I'm sorry to hear about the job. It sounds like in the long run it is probably the best thing for you. It is horrible to be at a place you don't like.
CONGRATS!! I am so happy for you! Sorry to hear about the job but it sounds like it might actually be the best thing for you.
Send baby dust my way!!!!!
((claps hands)) You are due on my b-day...good day to be born, I might add!!
Congrats...I just knew it!
You are truly blessed! xo
Congratulations Alicia! You are in good company... there will be lots of babies in the blogs!! I am so happy for you and hope you enjoy your pregnancy.
Yeah! What exciting news and I can't wait to hear all about the pregnancy as it progresses. My hubby went to all my prenatal visits and it was so nice to have him there experiencing it with me.
It sounds like losing the job was a positive thing, so hopefully you can find a new position that doesn't stress you out too much. The first trimester is all about exhaustion, so you will want to rest as much as possible.
Aww! I'm so happy to hear that baby Flynn is on the way. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys. You are truly going to be amazing parents.
Too bad about losing your job. It really sounds like it was a bad place for you to be anyway. How great that you had something way bigger to be celebrating right now. The job is just an afterthough. I'll be praying you get that temp job so you can cushion your pocketbooks some before the baby arrives.
I'm thrilled for you and can't wait to follow along with your pregnancy. :)
Congrats!
yay!!! congratulations, you guys! this is awesome news.
you better document your pregnancy on here, so we can all keep up with it!!!! :)
congrats, again!!!!
Congrats! Eh, god's got better plans than to leave you working in a place with so much unhappiness and stress=o)
Hey congrats, you are about a week ahead of me. I am feeling you on the nausea and the tiredness...
Hope you and Chris are doing well. Sorry about your job, I am sure it will all work itself out!
Good Luck!
Congrats on the baby! That is such exciting news. Is it just me, or is everyone in the blogosphere getting pg these days??? You, Chrissy, Aubrey, Rachel - wow! So many babies being born!
And so sorry to hear about your job. That stinks. I hope you find something else that is more satisfying.
congrats again Alicia!! That is WAY exciting and I can't wait to chat with you about all you're going through - we can do it together!
Had my first U/S yesterday - I'm actually 11wks & 2 days preggers! Due Jan. 4th - so looks like I'm just about a month ahead of you - and hopefully you don't get all the nasty "crap" feeling that I've been dealing with - and should be done with soon - God willing!
Congrats again, and although I'm sorry you lost your job - it sounds as though you're better off this way - good luck with the temp job interview! :)
I am so happy for you and Chris!! Babies are on the rise!!
Sorry, though about your job, but it sounds like it was the right move. God will provide and has a reason for everything, right!!
Cheers...can't wait to hear about your experiences!!
Ahhhh!!! I saw your ticker and just about screamed! I'm so excited for you! Check out my cute stuff for baby girls. lol
That stinks about the job. It sounds like it was for the best.
I can't wait to hear all about your pregnancy journey. All you people are going to make me wish I was pregnant again! Oh, and internals aren't too bad. Don't stress.
congrats on your wonderful news! Also, I really think that you have the right attitude about your old job--it wasn't the right place for you and you can focus on more important things now.
ongratulations again dear friend. I'm so happy that you are doing great. I can't wait to meet baby Chirsalicia!!
Congratulations! That is wonderful news. I am so happy for you and Chris. I'm sorry to hear about your job situation, but I think you have a great outlook on it. Sounds like it is a blessing in disguise! I hope your interview went well :)
Congratulations!!! Coming from a brand new mom (Olivia was born 6/14) enjoy everything about your pregnancy even the aches and pains it is such an awesome thing your body is entering into!!!
Oh and I am so sorry to hear about the job but sounds like it may have been for the best, you don't need that stuff while pregnant!!!
congrats, alicia! i am so incredibly excited for you and chris. it is so fun to follow your blog and see the joys and sorrows - and well, i am stoked for you. i will be praying all goes well with your pregnancy!!!
OMG - i almost jumped out of my chair when i popped onto your page and saw a baby countdown!!!!! CONGRATS MAMA-TO-BE!!!!!! wishing you a wonderful experience throughout this blessing of a journey - february babies are the best ;-)
i am sorry to hear about your job but am glad to hear that you are taking it well. good luck with the interviewing process - i hope you find something you like doing for the meanwhile.
sending you a big HUG and another congrats!!!!
Congrats on the baby!!! I haven't been checking in as much as I should, so I am behind the times! That news is such a blessing for you two!
Sorry about the job. I know it wasn't exactly what you were looking for, and I'm glad that you are OK with it.
Post a Comment