I’m feeling rather out of sync today. Actually, I have been for days now. I have a laundry list of things that I want to accomplish, but I can’t seem to find the energy to do them. Small things, like laundry. My house is in disarray right now and it’s making me want to crawl in to a deep dark hole and sleep until my fairy cleaning lady comes to sweep it all away. Oh, how I wish.
I’m trying to figure out what in the world is the culprit of this.
I know that we are still recovering from the Vegas (…no, I did not get naked and dance on a bar somewhere) jetlag, and too much travel in a short amount of time. I also know that I am fighting off something. A cold? The flu? I wish it would make up its mind. Make me sick so I can get better….or GO AWAY! This in between stuff is making me crazy.
Ah, and then there is work. I’m so bored and I don’t want to do anything. I have a few things to do. Filing, printing, downloading….totaling about 1.5 hours worth of things to do…..maybe even 2 if I stretch it. I’m closing out one job and starting up another. It’s a major lag time until my new job (which is an addition to an existing jail….eeeck!) is mobilized on the site. Right now, we are working out of our district office and there is only so much I can accomplish from here. I’m waiting for them to cut off my coffee supply :-) Just kidding. I only have my cup on my way to work and a cup when I get here. I’ve cut WAAAAAAY back. If you know me….you know that I LOVE my coffee!
Speaking of caffeine, I’m convinced that caffeine is not contributing to my insomnia. I don’t drink any after 9 AM. I don’t do soda, tea or anything else with caffeine in it unless it is absolutely necessary to function. So, internets, why do I not sleep well? I haven’t for as long as I can remember, but sometimes it’s worse than others. Unless of course, there is Nyquil or Tylenol PM involved. Then I have a “Nyquil Hangover” the next morning. What gives?
It’s been so bad lately that I have been falling asleep at the wheel (Mom, if you’re reading this, you can just skip over this paragraph!). Have you ever done that? It’s the scariest feeling in the world. It’s only for a split second and my eyes ARE open. A split second is ALL it takes though.
I didn’t do a lot this weekend at all, trying desperately to catch up on my much needed rest. It didn’t work. I’m contemplating calling my family doctor (because she is a really caring down to earth person and she will work with me to find a solution….I pink puffy heart her!). It’s like I’ve been transported back 6 months to when my life was a blur by day and a dream by night. Ugh. I know I will get through it, I just loathe when I feel this way.
In other news….Squiggs is so close to being house broken…..a huge thanks to my parental units! While Chris was having fun at the poker tables and I was enjoying my spa time (OMG…..whole other post….best spa I’ve ever been to!) my parents were hard at work with Squiggs and his poo habbits. I came home to a pooch who was doing his business outside with only one or two accidents in 4 days! Before Vegas, I thought we might be cursed. Since we have come back, he is barely going in his cage at all anymore, or on our carpet and he goes like a champ when we take him out. Still a few accidents here and there, but I think it’s time to shampoo my now polka dot carpet back to one shade!
Oh my……Chris just sent me this link to an alarm clock. It’s my DREAM! See, his alarm goes off at 4:30 and he doesn’t get up until 5:30. It is set on a radio station that doesn’t come in clearly at all. The buzzer is even worse. Make me want to injure him much? Sure does because he never hears it, so I have to kick the crap out of him every 10 minutes until he turns it off. He thinks that by setting it to go off for that long, he will get up easier. HA! Not so much. This new alarm clock excites me! (It’s the small things guys).
Anywho, I think I’ve bored you for long enough today. I’m going to sleep with my eyes open at my desk now.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
Way to go parentals! That's awesome that they got Squiggs basically potty trained while you guys were out at play. What a great surprise to come home too.
I'm sorry you have so many sleeping problems too. Yesterday I woke up in one of those Tylenol PM comas that you spoke of. It was NOT pretty. I've done the nodding off in traffic thing too. Especially if I took the PM the night before. What a mess! It sounds like you have a great doctor. Hopefully she can work with you and get you some answers.
It was good to catch up with you and see all that's been going on. I hope you had a restful night's sleep. That seems to be a theme in some of our lives lately. I've had trouble the last week as well. Maybe it's a season thing?? I hope so and I hope it goes away fast!
Will you let me know how it works if you get it? I could really use SOMETHING... I can't get out of bed in the mornings to save my job! One of these days I'll get in trouble for walking in a few minutes after 8am... I need HELP! That looks awesome... hmmm... let me know would ya? :)
Good luck to you on figuring out the sleep problem - I agree that falling asleep - even for a second - while driving is WAY scary!! I've done it a time or two - that's one way to check your heart eh?
Congrats also on Squiggs' house-training - and keep up the good work :)
Holy crap! I want that alarm clock! It sounds like a dream. What a way to wake up in the mornings! LOL I swear, I think people would be in a much better mood if they woke up that way instead of a loud, obnoxious buzzer going off interrupting their peaceful slumber. Definitely let me/us know how it works if you do get it.
Yay for Squiggs being better potty trained! Good job, Alicia's parents! My guess would be it's stressers in your life that have you out of whack and not sleeping well. Try to look at what else is going on, what could be affecting you emotionally, and see if you can fix/better any of those things. And if you feel overwhelmed about your house, like I often do, try to pick just 1 small task to accomplish every evening, and do that. You'll feel better about the progress being made, albeit slowly, than no progress being made at all. I'm thinking about you and I hope it gets better soon!
I've wanted that alarm clock forever!! Hopefully it'll make you less likely to throw it at your husband!
I'm sorry you're having trouble sleeping. It must be going around the blogosphere lately. Here's hoping that you get the much needed rest you need. Have you gone to the doctor recently?
Yay Squiggs!!
hmmm, seems like you touched on a bunch of reasons things fell behind on the homfront. It happens to us all the time, and you just gotta get right back on the wagon! Easier said than done, I know.
You will have to let me know the name of the spa you went to in Vegas. I would love to "treat" myself while we are out there in April. And, any good restaurant ideas for an anniversary dinner?
enjoy your nap.
That is exciting that Squiggs is almost housebroken! A major accomplishment. Who knew all you had to do was go on a vacation.
And spa time? I have never been to a spa before and I am SO jealous!
oooh, I hope you can get some decent sleep soon!
Yay! For the doggie almost being house broken! It's so frustrating cleaning up doggie poo in the house! Glad you're almost over that hurdle!
Oh, I so hear you on the alarm thing! Although, I'm not one to talk. When I actually set an alarm these days (my alarm screams when she's ready to wake up!)I'm a terrible snoozer! I hit the snooze for ages! But, like you, I kick Josh every time his goes off! :o)
I hope you're having a fantastic week!!!
Glad to hear the pup is finally starting to come around. It can get so irritating when you feel like they aren't 'getting it'!
Hope you feel better. I would def talk to the doctor - maybe you need to take a sleep test to see if you have a breathing problem? I hope you get to the bottom of whatever's keeping you up!
What an awesome alarm clock! I know I would love it and I bet DH would too - he can't get out of bed in the morning to save his life.
You'll have to tell me about your spa experience in Vegas - maybe DH and I will partake in a spa day during our vacation :-)
I'm sorry you're feeling out of sync. I truly despise that feeling. I hope you're able to feel in sync soon.
Sorry you're not sleeping well. It's so hard to do the little things like cleaning when all you want to do is sleep. I hope you get something worked out soon.
We need that alarm clock! However, I'm the annoying one. My alarm is always set for a half hour before I actually have to get up. It drives Craig crazy!
Squiggs! How CUTE! Cute pup! Cute name! How in the world did you come up with that name?
Just passing through and wanted to stop by ... as if I'm driving thru your hometown or something. ;)
Have a lovely day!
~RJ
Post a Comment