OK, here's the skinny. I still have no camera (hence, the NO CAMERA LAND potion of the title). I haven't really looked in a few days though and I have a feeling it is hidden under the massive loads of laundry that need to be folded. Chris and I are good housekeepers. (We try! It has just been quite a week so far!)
In news that could potentially be exciting...Chris emailed me this morning because he is due to take a business trip to Salt Lake City in two weeks. His Project Manager told him to go on Thursday the 13th so he could spend the weekend in Vegas (hence, the trip to no camera land part of the title. I need my camera for this trip if I get to go!)! Well, of course we want me to be able to tag along. I work for the same company, so the odds COULD be in my favor, but we'll see. I'm not really a big fan of gambling and the like, but Chris really likes to play poker and has always wanted to go to Vegas (especially before we TTC which is in a few months). We had a plan to go out there in March, but realized that with the marriage retreat we are planning to attend in the Poconos in April and a wedding in Buffalo in May, we won't be able to go. With this being a business trip, HOPEFULLY, we can get our company to pay for majority of the travel and of course the hotel room In Salt Lake. We'll see how it plays out. I'm extremely excited at the possibility of getting out of this area for a few days. I really need a good break after the past two years. I'm hoping to go to Salt Lake with him so I can take a day to myself...without the craziness of D.C. and the surrounding area...and just relax and spend some really great quality time with God while Chris does his thing. Lord knows I need a rejuvenation day (and one away from here!). What a blessing it would be to be able to go with Chris. Reconnecting, spending QT together, spending QT with God while in Salt Lake, lots of pictures to take (if I can find my darn camera!).....it's just sounds like what I really need right now. Just a small break...to be with Chris.....and to be without our day to day.
I have to apologize for the rambling. I am two nights with less sleep than normal (my guess is 3-4 hours each night). I average about 6 and it's never good restful sleep. Anyway, I'm getting to that point where I feel like I really need a change. I need to get out of this job that I am in. As it stands, I am working on three different projects. You read that right....THREE. My old project (they need my help with some things that were taken care of before I even left), my current project that I am closing out, and my apparent new project that I am starting up. If you know anything about the inner workings of an international general contractor, you know that this is absolute craziness. Sooooo...back to SLC and LV......pray that Chris and I will get this break. We both really need it!
Keep your fingers crossed girls! I'm really hoping this works out!
Finally, I leave you with a few "Glamour Shots" of Squiggs that my co-worker took last Friday (yes, I had him at work with me for the day....they asked me to bring him!)

Don't you just want to give him a big kiss!?



10 comments:
The trip sounds like a lot of fun, even if it's business. Hope you acn find the camera soon!
BIG SMOOCH! i wish I could bring my dogs to work:( I hope you get to go on your trip. If so I'll be very jealous cause i LOVE Vegas:)
Your housekeeping sounds very similar to mine. I was all choked this Christmas because I couldn't find my camera and it actually ended up being at the bottom of my laundry basket. Didn't see that one coming...
I hope that you get to go on the trip together! It would be a nice break away and it sounds like you could use a break!
And Sir. Squiggs looks very regal by the way...
Um, do you know that Rochester is only an hour away from Buffalo? Wouldn't it be great if we could somehow meet up?? Ack!! :)
Bummer about not being able to find your camera....I hope you find it soon and that you're able to go on the trip to Vegas.
And as usual, Squiggs is the cutest.
Love,
Erin
i DO want to give that cute-pug-face a big kiss!!!!!!!!!
i hope you find your camera soon...and the trip together would be really nice.
I love that you took Squiggs to work with you :)
I hope you're able to find your camera and swing the Las Vegas trip. I never gamble, but I absolutely LOVE Vegas - we're hoping to go back in May and we can't wait - you'll have a blast!
I'm praying that your work situation gets better, I know how long your days are and how badly you've been needing a change.
I do hope you are able to take this trip with your beloved! We all need a good break from normal, everyday stressful life - and this sounds perfect for you two.
Could Squiggs be any cuter?!!!
-Andrea
Squiggs is such a doll! You got to bring him to WORK? Oh I am so jealous! I'll be praying hard that you and Chris get to go to Salt Lake City. Sounds like it's definitely something you NEED right now, so I really hope that all works out for you! TTC in a few months eh? SO exciting! I'm jealous! But in all seriousness, I really hope you don't have any trouble TTC and it works out wonderfully for you two. I'll keep my fingers crossed for that! And I hope your camera is indeed hiding under your laundry!
oops, I meant Vegas. Duh!
If you come to Salt Lake, we would totally have to get together! Here's hoping you and Chris catch a break. Take care!
Post a Comment