Friday, February 01, 2008

And The Verdict Is.....

....we are going to Vegas next week!

I.AM.SO.EXCITED!

Really, Vegas is not my ideal trip. I'm more of a nature buff myself, but Chris really really wants to go before we begin to grow our family. We didn't think we would be able to go for financial reasons, BUT...we can, because our company is picking up Chris' plane ticket since he has to go to Salt Lake anyway.

I am excited because I do want to see Vegas. I do want to experience it. I'm not a gambler, or even a night life person anymore, but there are so many shows, spas, shopping and restaurants to go to. As long as I get to spend some time with my beloved and get out of D.C. for a few days, I am a happy camper.

I don't want you guys to think that D.C. is a terrible place to live because I'm tend to make it unappealing (sorry). It's our nations capital for goodness sakes! There are just things about it that I have a hard time with. Rude people and traffic. I'm just not a city girl. It is really great to be able to have such a short drive to the heart of our nation! I try not to take it for granted, but sometimes it's difficult. Downtown Washington D.C. really is beautiful. If you like architecture, history and cities; D.C. is a wonderful place to be! I just wanted to clarify.

Anyway, This trip is such an irrisponsible thing to do, but we are looking at it as our last hoorah before we have children. I am looking forward to having children more than anything in this world, but I want to experience this with Chris before then, because I don't feel like Vegas is the most child friendly place to take a vacation. :-)

It's exciting because it is a trip that is short notice and we really have no idea what to do. We have no time to plan, so we are going to be making our trip as we go! We are staying at the Excalibur!

Chris booked my flight last night. I leave BWI at 1:40 on Friday, have a layover at DFW for THREE HOURS and then fly to Vegas. I don't like to fly alone. Not at all. I'm a complete moron (for lack of better terminology) when it comes to traveling by myself. I'm a bit nervous. I've never been to DFW before, so I'll have to take a map so I can find my connector in three hours time (I am SUCH a dork). Chris' flight lands about 10 minutes before mine in Vegas, so he is going to meet me at my terminal. Hopefully, I will make it there (say a prayer!).

Anywho, I WILL find my camera so I can post Winter Wonders pictures AND take pictures in Vegas.

Wish me luck in my travels and I will be sure to post an update after we get back!

<3>

P.S. Squiggs is staying at my parents.

16 comments:

Me said...

Hey there! How exciting about your trip! Why is your hubby coming to Salt Lake? Did you know that is where I live?

I'll say a prayer that you have no problems travelling, but I'm sure you won't. I was just at DFW last week and it isn't that big. With three hours, you'll be fine!

Kas said...

WOOO You will have so much fun! Even without the gambling and nightlife there are so many things to do! And good food to eat! I can't wait to see all your pics!

Zoe D. said...

I'm sooooo jealous!!! You're gonna have a blast. I'm not a gambler either, but Vegas is so cool. You have to go at least once. I would live there is Adam would let us:( There's just SO much going on! You'll love it!

The Robbins Nest said...

wahoo!! you will have so much fun! vegas is great! so much to see and do. The people watching ALONE is great. DFW is a snap. no worries. plus if you get confused, just stop and ask someone--everyone in the south is nice as pie :)
You will have plenty of time to make your connector! I was just there last week when we flew for our vacation.
Can't wait to see pics of your trip and hear your thoughts on the city!

Beth G said...

Woohoo! A little vacay time with the DH. Glad you get to go and see all the exciting things Vegas has to offer. I'd love to go but I feel like Gary's a compulsive gambler so we'd come home broke or mad at each other. . ..anyhow, Have a great trip and good luck finding the camera!

Heather said...

Have a great time in Vegas! I can't wait to see the pics.

Jodi said...

Though I'm super excited for you to get to go to Vegas...um...HELLO! I'm comin' out next week! :o) Did you not think this through completely!?

Just kidding! Have a great time! And, I can't wait to meet you!!!

Anonymous said...

vegas is awesome! so much stuff to do! you're going to have a great time. and, don't worry about DFW...you'll find your connecting gate in no time! have fun & take lots of pictures.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
audreybreier said...

You'll have so much fun! I'm not a gambler but Vegas is a place I definitely want to visit! I can't wait to hear about your trip and see pictures!

Oh, and you'll do great with traveling. I made it from Arkansas to North Carolina by myself (and went through DFW) by myself, so I know you can do it! I'm the worst with directions. I always think I'm going North because whatever is ahead of me should be north ha..Nathan makes fun of me :) Anyway, I can't wait to hear about your trip!

C-Rah said...

Have a good time!

Platinum Rose said...

Congrats! I am SO happy for you! I hope you two have an awesome time! When I went I stayed at The Excalibur, too (I went my senior year in HS with our basketball team, I was one of their statisticians and they were playing in a tournament there)!

Kristen Miller said...

How exciting! You guys are going to have such a blast. I'm so happy for you. You need a little break. :)

Excalibur will be fun and it's really close to everything too. I can't wait to hear about your trip and see tons of pictures.

Congratulations!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Have a wonderful, refreshing, memory-filled time! And take lots of pictures so you can look back on this time!

-Andrea

LCP said...

How fun. Vegas is such a beautiful place and you will not have any problems finding things to do other than gamble...there is so much to see.

We are going for our second time to Vegas in April. For our 3rd wedding anniversary. We are so excited too since this will be our first trip together, since Josey was born...whew...time to enjoy!

Dawn said...

That's so exciting you guys are going to Vegas! I love when work picks up part of the "tab" - haha. Hope you guys have a blast! And good luck finding the camera...