This was Squiggs' first walk on a leash. He did excellent! His only problem is his little feet get so cold so fast, so we have to stop sometimes to let him warm up, or else he whines.
He has been great so far. He is having accidents in the house, but I fully expect that. He goes when we go outside and we also have puppy training pads inside. He goes on those a lot of the time, but he still has accidents. He seems to be waking up everyday around 4:15. He crashes at 8 or 9 every single night, but cries at 4. Then we go to his crate and find that he pooped in there. He just doesn't have a lot of control over his bladder and bum muscles. LOL, Chris thinks he has a broken sphincter.
He has been such a true blessing so far. He loves to sleep as close to us as he can get when he falls asleep on the couch. Everyday, he grows. If you look at the pictures in the post below vs. these pictures, you can see how much he has grown. He is starting to develop the wrinkles in his forehead and the skin rolls that pugs are famous for.
I hope you all thoroughly enjoyed the holidays this year and I promise to post about it. Right now, I am just trying to catch up with all of you......I really missed you guys last week!
*HUGS*






12 comments:
Such a cutie! Merry Christmas to you guys and your new addition. I agree that having a dog gets you a ready for a baby...not that you are totally prepared...but that is what we did. It helps you to see how each of you train and dicipline.
He is sweet!
Happy New Year.
Precious, I love the pics! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's! Taking care of a dog is definitely practice for a baby, though lots of people like to tell me otherwise, I still think it's good practice. Plus, dogs are just SO wonderful!
i want to eat him up, he's so cute!
it took our dog, maisy, about a good year, before she totally stopped having accidents in the house. eventually, he'll learn what he's supposed to do! :0)
Okay, I love your dog! He is so cute! When we first got Scoop, he would poop in his crate every night. And he would whine and wake us up..I felt bad for him. He had some stomach issues though and we had to give him medicine for it. Your little guy will get house trained soon though! Scoop never has accidents now. We never put him in a crate, even when we leave. We could leave him at home for 12 hours or more out of a crate and he wouldn't go in the house. Anyway, I'm rambling..just wanted to tell you you're dog is adorable and I love him ha
Aww, he is just too freaking cute in his little sweater :) I love it!
It sounds like he's just being a puppy and as he gets older he'll be able to "hold it" for longer periods of time.
Can't wait to hear about your holidays!
AWWWWWWWWW!!!!
Good Lord that dog is cute!
He will be able to hold it for longer periods of time once he gets a little older. If u read some of my posts on my newest dog we definitely had some "pooping" problems! It does get better, I promise! :-)
LOVE that little blue shirt.
You and Chris are so hilarious. I wish we could hang out in real life. You guys would definitely put a smile on my face. A broken sphincter...LOL!
You're right...even from the pictures you can tell how much he's changed already. I'm glad you're enjoying him!
Love,
Kristen
What a CUTIE PIE! I love pugs and shih tzus that have those little squished in faces - my hubby loves pugs too. Congrats on the new fur baby! (And don't worry, he'll get the whole training thing in time. At least he's not trying to EAT his poop, like Bernie did the first four months of his life!!!)
Your doggie is too cute for words. The pottie training will get easier!!!
I absolutely love the newest addition to your family. He is the cutest thing ever!
Hey Alicia - long time no visit! I'm so sorry to learn about Gonad! I know losing a family member (whether two-legged or four!) is very difficult, and I'm sorry you had to deal with it. Especially so close to the holidays :(
Congratulations on Squiggs though (I do love his full name!!) and I hope he continues to help you & Chris heal and take this next step in your lives. I agree about the "helping prepare for a baby" for sure... when we got Turbo it was quite a life adjustment - especially when he was so young and having diarrhea every hour... ugh - I'm glad that is over!!
I'm thinking of you - and wishing you a wonderful 2008!
I love the little outfit. Mine were always entirely too big - even when they were puppies! Enjoy Alicia...
Post a Comment