Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Still...

Still amazed: that my Grandfather survived 2 major open heart surgeries in 5 months time at 84 years old, and he is still going strong! All the glory to God!

Still getting used to: my sweet new furbaby being so young. It’s good training for a real baby!
Still loving: my husband

Still proud of: my brother

Still not proud of: my slacking in my relationship with Jesus.

Still hoping: to find a job much closer to home so I can become a better wife, prepare myself to become a mother and take care of our new furbaby.

Still worried: about the future

Still never going to: support abortion

Still pretending: that I will finish my college degree

Still reading: all of my beautiful friends blogs

Still wanting to read: the Bible from cover to cover

Still interested in: natural child birth

Still not interested in: basketball

Still looking forward to: having our first child

Still not looking forward to: cleaning my oven (and Lord knows it needs it!)

Still failing: at managing money the way it should be managed. I can be materialistic and I hate that about myself!

Still grateful for: my husband, that I had four wonderful years with Gonad, That Squiggs has become a part of our lives, my family, my friends, and most importantly, Jesus Christ.

Still praying: for God’s wisdom

Still not believing in: The Big Bang Theory, Theory of Evolution (in terms of creation)

Still believing in: Jesus

What are YOU still doing?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hon! I was so glad to hear from you and it made my heart warm to know you asked about me. You are welcome to my blog anytime. xo

Michelle said...

What an interesting post...I might have to "steal" your outline for it. We'll see what I can come up with on my own tomorrow first. :)
Not believing in the Theory of Evolution or the Big Bang Theory? That's cool...I've always interwoven the 2 stories. The Bible says that God created the world in 7 days...he didn't say that those 7 days were 24 hour periods. That's how I explain both stories. LOL...may sound silly, but it's what I've always thought all these years!

Platinum Rose said...

Neat post! I might have to "steal" it too!

Beth G said...

Very inventive! May the new year be a healthy and prosperous one for you!

erin said...

Ooh, I love this--what a great way to reflect on things. It definitely gives you something to think about. I may just have to do this on my blog too!!

and I love the pics of Squiggs on his first walk--what a cutie. :)

hope you're having a great day!!

love,
Erin

laurenjean said...

i am STILL HERE despite my slacking in posts!
i really loved this post - what a great one to read my first read back!!!!!!
wishing you the best in 2008!

Anonymous said...

I completely sympathize on the whole oven thing! I hate cleaning ovens!

I too am struggling with keeping up with my faith. I'm glad to hear that you're agreeing with the same issues that I am, and that I don't feel alone! Hopefully, we'll both just get into the habit of reading our Bible regularly, not being able to go a day without it!

Good list! Sorry that I haven't commented in so long!