Thursday, November 15, 2007

(I am starting a group called) Blog Slackers (read: I really am too busy to post) Anonymous

Hi, my name is Alicia and my job has officially taken over my life. That is my non-worthy "why I have not posted in FOURTEEN days" excuse. Sheesh.

I do have a lot to talk about but not much time. Here is the quickie version.

I am starting at a new jobsite on Monday that is 25 miles closer to home….YAY! But, I leave a t a later time, which means, I will sit in traffic…..for at least an hour. NOOO! On the bright side though, if I get out earlier enough, I should be able to make it home without too much traffic….YAY! Good deal. It works for now. This job lasts another six weeks. I am going there to take over for one of the girls I trained. She is going on maternity leave. After the six weeks….I have no idea where I am going. The prospect of that is scary, but almost relieving because I said there is ABSOPOSITIVELOUTELY no way I am doing the DC drive again. Not going to happen. Sorry Charlie. They agreed. Bless them. So, I will keep you posted on my next adventure.

I am really ready for the holidays this year. If you recall, last year, I took Chris to Miami for his first ever Dolphins game on Christmas night. The year before is when all of this craziness started with the commute and the move, etc. I haven’t really been able to thoroughly enjoy my holidays with the family. I am looking forward to having the entire week off with Chris and our families and just really soaking it all in. I am hoping to be close to having our first baby by next Christmas.

I’m beginning to do some research on pregnancy and birth. I have been researching methods and really trying to find in my heart what is right for me. I have definitely taken an interest in using a birthing tub. I have so much research to do and I just want to be comfortable knowing that I have somewhat of an understanding of what methods are out there because I can be an EXTREMELY indecisive person….especially when I am overly hormonal.

I am well over half way done with my Christmas shopping! We are not buying a lot this year. Most of the things we have for others are hand made gifts. The money was spent more on materials for those than anything. I will have tons of those materials leftover when I am done with the gifts to use for other things! I like this planning and buying in advance system I adopted this year! Chris and I typically are last minute people because that’s almost the lifestyle we are pushed in to….last minute everything. *sigh* I am working on a change in that area.

I really do have so much more to say, but my time has run out. This weekend is going to be WONDERFUL and I will be sure to post about it next week. Spa day for Chris and I on Saturday and Married Life Live at church on Sunday. This weekend is a much needed break for us and rejuvenation for our relationship. We don’t get to see a lot of each other anymore! L more on that later.

*HUGS* to you all!

11 comments:

Kristen Miller said...

It's good to hear from you. I'm a bad blogger too lately. I don't have quite as good of an excuse though. Mine's more like I've become addicted to Facebook. LOL!

It sounds like you guys are going to have a great weekend together. I'm happy to hear you're not doing the DC commute anymore either. I know that was killing you.

Good for you doing your research on childbirth already. I did NONE and I ended up not happy with the way it all played out. Jackson and I are happy and healthy so that's all that matters but I won't make the same mistakes next time.

Cakabaker said...

It's so nice of you to join us again :) (wink wink)
Could you leave a little earlier to avoid the traffic? Laura and I get to work at least a 1/2 hour early to find a place to park. then we read/blog/relax/do nothing until we start work at 7:30. Kind of gives you time for yourself before all the mayhem starts.
I have started my shopping, but have not gotten too far, still deciding whether or not we are going to Texas (in-laws) or not, and if so, drive or fly.
Have a great weekend, and will look forward to your posts next week :)

Me said...

I was so glad to see a post from you today! Thanks for updating us. It sounds like you are super busy! I'm glad to hear that you'll have a shorter commute for a bit. That will be great. It sounds like you have a great weekend planned. Enjoy. And way to go with your Christmas shopping! I'm impressed!

Platinum Rose said...

Yay, you posted again! I appreciate all the updates. It sounds like you have an amazing weekend planned and I hope you have lots of fun! So you hope to be close to having your first baby by next Christmas, eh? Congrats on being that close to starting to try, I know you have been wanting that for some time now! Where have you been doing your research? I have pondered buying a book or something myself. I can't wait to hear more about everything and how your weekend goes!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

At least when you do blog it's interesting stuff!! :)

Your weekend sounds really wonderful - I hope it is very refreshing and that you have quality time together.

I did the same thing with using a birthing tub - I researched it like crazy before I even was pregnant - Daniel and I made the decision to do a homebirth together, and then stuck with it no matter what people said. It's good to look at all your options and then make your educated decision based on what is right for your family.

-Andrea

Tiffany said...

Glad to hear that you are doing well and your commute isn't as terrible as it once was.

Good for you for getting a good start on your Christmas gifts this year. I always plan to start early but never do.

I hear ya on the indecisive thing. I am SO indecisive. It is worse with big decisions though!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Life's A Beach said...

Hooray for a better commute.

Your weekend sounds wonderful and I'm sure you and Chris will enjoy the R&R, the bonding from your spiritual teachings and just having a quiet weekend together.

I love home made gifts. What are you making? Anything you can share or do your recipients read??

C-Rah said...

Glad to hear from you and that the job is going well. :o)

Heather said...

I need to join your group!

Glad to hear things are going well.

Anonymous said...

Hi Alicia!

Sorry I have not posted or blogged. I actually lost all of my bookmarks (firefox does that to me from time to time) and so I had to stress about how I'm going to find your blog again...only to realize, that I put the link on MY BLOG!! Der!!! If I'd blogged sooner, I would have realized that important fact. Anyhoo, I hope you are doing well. Missed ya!

C-Rah said...

So

*cough*

how's that group coming?

:o)