Thursday, November 01, 2007

........and GO!



…..and…….GO!

That’s pretty much what happened about two weeks ago. I was let loose on the masses to make my own schedule and find new people who meet my standards. No, I did not get canned.

I was sent to a jobsite on the other end of the world to find, hire and train a new person from the world to be me…..in another location.

To say that I have been busy is an understatement. To say that I have been overwhelmed? Understatement as well. I DO finally see a possible end in sight. Long story short, they need someone at a job that is only 25 miles from my house vs. the 50 I drive now. I can also use back roads to get there. It’s completely up in the air at this point, but it is looking incredibly promising. Yes, it indeed is not 10 minutes from my house as I had hoped, but for now….it will do. Anything to get away from this dreaded commute It took me 2.5 hours to get to work yesterday…..no accidents, no bombs dropped…..just a sea of red brake lights. Pretty darn frustrating.

In other news…..I am so freaking excited about this weekend. My Mom and Grandmother are coming down to go to my church’s annual women’s retreat! I have never been to one before, and I am so excited to go! I know that I am going to come out spiritually recharged and I really need that.

My small group started up again a few weeks ago and this past Tuesday, we just got together for a social event. We hung out at the church and watched a video called “Indescribable”. It is a sermon type video by Louie Giglio. If you have never seen this, I STRONGLY urge you to watch it. It is one of the single most amazing sermon’s I have ever heard. It really strikes a chord within you and makes you realize just how incredible, powerful, almighty, big and loving God really is. He bases it on astronomy. He uses amazing visuals. When you finally realize just how teeny tiny Earth and our own solar system are, it makes you realize how teeny tiny, WE are, yet God knows at any given moment how many hairs we have on our head, what is going to happen in our lives. He loves us…..each and every single one of us….believers and non-believers. I’m telling you that it is a must see. Please please please find it and watch it. It will change your perspective on so many things and really speak to your heart.

On another note, I am so amped for the holidays this year. I really want to spend major quality time with our families. My life is so hectic and go go go, that I neglect those that are important to me just because I live in another state. Not anymore. I talked with Chris’ mom for 45 minutes last night and I talk to my mom more now. I really was letting so many things just fall away from me, but God gave me a wake up call driving home on Tuesday. He just made me realize that while I’m in my car, alone, spending time with Him, I can also use some of that time to call family and friends. I’ve got to keep my priorities straight, no matter how much I am personally struggling. God, Chris, my family (and children that I don’t have yet), my home, my ministry, and then everything else….including work.

On the baby front…..we are getting closer to the time of trying. I am past the point of baby fever. I just feel this thing inside of me…..I can’t explain it (the Holy Spirit, maybe?) telling me that I’m ready. I don’t just want a baby….I’m really READY. I know I am. I’ve prayed on it a lot. When I was in my baby fever stage, I just really wanted one. I wanted to be a mom. Now, I don’t JUST want one. I can actually see myself being a mom. I can see myself being pregnant. I can feel the joy in my heart that bringing a child in to this world will not only bring me and my family, but will bring God. I can see His smile and feel His love. I know that all of the love that I can give to my child is nothing in comparison to the love that God has for each and everyone of us and that is such a comfort to me. I already know that I would die for my child, so how much greater is God’s love for us? He…..His son, was crucified for us. ALL of us. Past, present and future.

I didn’t mean to get all holy on you guys because I realize that not all of us share the same beliefs, but this is really important to me and I just wanted to share my feelings.

Anywho, I’m so sorry that I have been gone. I missed you guys so much and I have A LOT of catching up to do. Days worth of reading.

So, I will sign off for now. Thanks for checking in on me and I love you guys!

P.S. Audrey…..thanks for my award!!!!!!….I will get it on my side bar, and do my handouts very soon.

13 comments:

Cakabaker said...

Glad you are OK, I thought maybe I would have to come over there and check on you :) I hope you have a great time at the retreat and enjoy everyone's company.
I hope you find the perfect person for work so you can be closer to home. I only drive 30 min., and sometimes that drives my really nuts, I can't imagine 2.5 hours!
Yes, sometimes we forget who/what is really important to us. I should really call my MIL and SIL more often (they live in Texas). But when we do talk to each other, we make up for it, we are on the phone forever!
Good luck on the baby front, hope everything works out for you.
Thanks for coming back to us :)

LCP said...

What a great update.

I saw Louie Giglio live doing that sermon and he had Chris Tomlin there with him...it was Awesome. I love the eye in the sky!!

And babies...very cool. I know that feeling of being ready! How cool.

Cathy said...

Sounds like things have been crazy over there!

I hope the job thing works out for you, it would definitely be better!

Rusti said...

sounds like things are going well for the most part! good luck on finding "you" and in moving the job closer to home... and in the baby-making area as well!

Heather said...

I've been wondering about you! LOL I'm glad you're doing well.

Good luck on the job! I can't imagine taking 2.5 hours to get to work! And to think sometimes I hate going the 15 minutes I do.

I completely understand the feeling you're having when it comes to having a baby. It's the most amazing thing!

Anonymous said...

Just stopping in to catch up. Thanks for you sweet comment on my blog. I really appreciate you. I'm so glad you've got some fun things going on, your mom & grandma, the small group, maybe baby.

Have a lovely weekend!

Until next time
~RJ

Anonymous said...

I've missed you! <3 I'm so glad you're back and things are going okay. It sounds like you're really busy, but it also sounds like you've got a peace through it and that the Lord is teaching you a lot. Your red font has me really ready for Christmas! I love the countdown! I'm thinking of you and look forward to your next update.

Life's A Beach said...

I'm back and I recognize those rocks you and Chris are standing on. You are at Two Lights aren't you???

I'm excited for the holidays this year, too. My family is healing up and although they will still be very difficult, the pain is to a place where you can let in the fun memories and honor my mom's favorite time of the year in her over the top celebratory style!

Take care!

Jodi said...

Good to hear from you! Hopefully you can get the job that's closer to where you live. I can't believe that you've had to put up with such a drive!!! I would be more than ticked off if it took me that long to get to work! Sheesh!

You sound like you're SOOO ready to be a mom, and you'll be a fantastic one!

Anonymous said...

your baby explanation sounded a lot like how i felt before we started trying for this one. i just knew that God was who had placed it on my heart, and it would not go away! now, I'm sick as a dog every day, but loving the fact that I am assisting God in the greatest miracle I can ever witness on Earth... a baby! it's amazing, and you will be a wonderful mother!

Abbie said...

Like I predicted, everyone who went to that retreat had an amazing time. I couldn't because I didn't have the funds and they needed payment right around the time I moved. I'm setting aside a retreat fund for next year. Nothing, I repeat nothing will stop me from going.

I'm so happy things are looking up for you on the job.
And a baby?? You mean we are all going to be aunties real soon??

Take Care babe. Have fun trying!
I know you and Chris will be absolutely positively great parents!

laurenjean said...

welcome back after all the craziness! happy things might be slowing down for you!
I am really excited about the holidays too - except i am one of those one-at-a-time people that get slightly annoyed with the fact that poor thanksgiving always gets rushed along for christmas...i love thanksgiving...

Platinum Rose said...

It was so great to hear from you! I am sorry you are so overwhelmed with trying to find another "you". So, would this other person work in the office you have been working in, and you would go to the new office? I know that would make your commute so much better, so I really hope it works out that way. I am so happy the holiday season is here! I love this time of year so much, and it's a great reminder to me of what really matters - friends, family, togetherness. I am glad you are realizing that too, and making steps that will help you to be happier with your life. I will have to try and find that sermon. And I wish you and Chris the best of luck with the time to try for a baby is finally here. That's very exciting news!