Monday, September 17, 2007

The Flyby Crapola Weekend (and an "athlete" rant)

I would first like to congratulate my cheeseheads on their 2-0 record so far this season. We gave the Giants a butt whoopin yesterday! GO PACK!

OK, on to other things.

First is Awesome Autumn! What an exciting time of year, and of course our wonderful bloggie friend Jenny put together yet another extravagant seasonal exchange of goodies. I can't wait for mine and I REALLY can't wait for my swap partner to get hers in the mail! With Autumn being my favorite season....I had a blast getting all of these fun things! I actually had to narrow it down quite a bit. A two hour shopping trip to Target was just the thing I needed.

Second. My husband is D.E.P.R.E.S.S.E.D. and ANGRY! Holy cow. See, he is a Miami Dolphins fan in the truest sense of the word. If you are an NFL follower....then you probably know why he is so D.E.P.R.E.S.S.E.D. and ANGRY. 0-2 thus far in the season. They passed up Brady Quinn in the draft (because they think Trent Green is going to get it done......c'mon people.....get real!) and now they suck.......they suck BAD. He went to the sports bar yesterday and was surrounded by a crew of very loud an obnoxious Dallas fans. He watched his team get dominated and had to listen to these blasted donkey's flaunt it just like T.O. ugh. The disappointment. Why why why interweb, can't football....heck sports.....be the way they were 50 years ago? When things like sportsmanship existed, and salaries weren't always on the players minds, and our athletes weren't out killing dogs, or each other. What happened to taking your kid to a sporting event without the fear of "I wonder what idiot got arrested this week and is going to be the hot topic of discussion?". HELLO PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES THAT WE SPEND BAZILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON EVERY.SINGLE.FREAKING.YEAR.......GROW UP!!!!! You are ROLE MODELS (supposedly). I can say that I know of a handful of the "popular" athletes that stand out. Of course my #1 is Brett Favre. The man is humble and plays for the love of the game. He is modest, loves his team and never ever gives all of the credit to himself. He is a STAND UP PLAYER.
OK, enough of that.....it's a sore subject with me and what it does to our youth (Thanks Michael Vick.....you're a REAL winner buddy!)

Our weekend was crap. Saturday, we had to go to a work event (STRIKE 1). I'm sorry, but I see these people more than I care to during my week, what makes you think I want to spend my Saturday night with you at a boring banquet? ugh. So, the only thing that made it manageable was the wine.....that ended at EIGHT.O.CLOCK. and we had a two hour presentation after the wine ended. For the love of my sanity, why did you people decide to be so mean!? So, between trying to keep my eyes open and Chris and I talking amongst ourselves about those we work with....we made it through. The morning and afternoon leading up to said "AWESOME" event was spent grocery shopping and cleaning. Wow. Exciting Saturday.
Sunday, when I woke up at 9 and realized that I had set my alarm, but forgot to turn it on (STRIKE 2), was quite annoying. We missed church because we had plans to go visit a friend an hour away and had to be there at noon. Our second service (which we normally would go to if we miss the first) starts at 11:15. Did I mention that this friend was an hour drive away each way (STRIKE 3)? No? Well, yes, yes he was. Our "AWESOME" event the evening before was also an hour away (STRIKE 4).
There is a trend developing here....I seem to spend more time in my car than I care to (STRIKE 5).

So, we got home from that at 4:15ish. Chris dropped me off and went to Glory Days to watch the Dolphins game because it was blacked out in our area (Thank you Baltimore Ravens that we dislike greatly! STRIKE 6 AND 7!!!!) I stayed home to try to catch up on cleaning (STRIKE 8) and laundry since we had to get up for work in ELEVEN HOURS (STRIKE 9). I began to receive text messages after the first quarter (STRIKE 10)......the progressively became more violent as the game went on because Miami sucks so bad (STRIKE 11-15) . oh brother. Chris came home and was D.E.P.R.E.S.S.E.D. and ANGRY.

Also for my poor husband....this was not a good poker playing weekend. AT.ALL. (Strike 16-653) So between bad football and bad poker and non-stop going places that were far away that we never wanted to go to (except friend and his family, we like them).....and STILL not even putting a dent in laundry and other things.....it all added up to a pretty crapola weekend.

I'm starting over again today....I am completely exhausted, BUT it is a new day. I started off with a great devotional from Charles Stanley (on my other website) and I'm just going to keep going.

Oh, one more thing....Friday I got in to a pretty nasty argument with so called "boss". I wanted to give him a paper cut and stick it in lemon juice and he wanted nothing short of my full blown death (although......he admitted that he would be completely screwed without me around...score!) and he was trying to make me laugh after the whole thing was over. I was not in the mood and I wasn't having it. Cold Shoulder came out and I just ignored him like he was an empty desk across from me. hehehe....I showed him (I apologized to God for being so childish and asked Him to help me gain the strength to be able to put up with these situations differently)!

Anywhoo.........Autumn is almost officially here and I LOVE IT! Chris and I are going to the Frederick Fair on Friday as long as we aren't completely dead from the week (which is usually the case until we drink 12 red bulls or a few Mt. Dew Amp's)

On to a new week with high hopes for not too many let downs!!!!!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and I know that this coming weekend is going to be so much better, I can't wait!!!!!

6 comments:

Abbie said...

I have to give it to GB, although the Giants have yet to form a defense.
I'm not a Miami fan, but any team that plays against dallas has my support and I was disappointed a little when Miami lost.

PS: The Browns DON'T need Brady Quinn, so maybe he can go to Miami after all te-he. Did you see that high scoring offense raggerty defense game between the Bengals and the Browns??

Oh Sorry you had to spend most of your weekend in a car unsocializing with people you aren't very fond of. Hopefully your week will turn out great.
Take Care

laurenjean said...

the packers played a great game! very entertaining to watch :-)
but the pats, baby!! aahhhhh, the pats...

Becca said...

You werent the only one having a lousy weekend. My Saturday was great, but Sunday just wasnt my day at all ... I was being a whiny brat about it, I'm sure that helped a lot too. ;)

Hope this week is fabulous for you! Any word on Petsmart? I think you need to "hound" them a bit haha ... get it? ... hound ... dog ... pet ... ok, enough I know.

Have a lovely day!

Anonymous said...

oh sweetie.... I'm so sorry you had such a crappy week and weekend. I will be praying that this week is better, and am glad to see that you have an optimistic attitude about starting over in a new week. God's mercy is new every morning!

Platinum Rose said...

Sorry you had a rough weekend :-( Hopefully next weekend will be better! And I totally understand your frustrations with professional atheletes - there are no words for my disgust with Michael Vick.

Tiffany said...

That is A LOT of strikes for one weekend. I hope this one is better for you.

I hear ya on the whole work events during time off thing. I mean I hardly even have time to see MY friends and do what I want. I'm am not really into the whole idea of work related "fun" either. Have a good week!