Today, I was approached by my Project Manager and asked how I would feel about going to a job in Ashburn, VA. Ashburn is about an hour commute each way. Still. The job is with a Superintendent I just got done working with on my current job. He was transferred. I was happy. He is very degrading and bi-polar in personality traits. Not a very nice person overall. Not easy by any stretch of the imagination to work with and our ENTIRE district is aware of that. I also have the pleasure of working with the gnome. again. Who also happens to be a degrading person. Women don't belong in construction (even in the office) kind of person. FUN. So, that leaves me pretty much stuck. again. Only our gas bill will AT LEAST double because Chris and I will no longer be able to commute together which means he will now be driving his gas hog of a truck to DC and back every day while I drive my car in the opposite direction 65 miles a day. Oh how I love city life.
I'm trying to keep my calm. Trying very hard. The drive might be easier as far as traffic goes. One of the roads I have to take is always jammed up at rush hour and the other one is a two lane road.....that means slow people....in my way....of getting home, to my bed, where I want to be.
We'll see. God has a plan. I thought maybe we were coming to an end on this. I really hoped.
The ONLY thing I can see maybe happening is that I go to this new job to start it up and train someone to be there full time (which was mentioned), I also train someone part-time on my current job to do normal things like answer phones, copy, file, etc. Then.....once November/December rolls around, Chris gets the magic words that we are going away. Far far away from DC and city living.
I'm losing my freaking mind here. My PM knows it too. He told me that he knows I'm completely burned out and he values me a lot and hates to see me so burned out. He asked if going to the new job would be better. I said a little. It's a tad closer and I won't have to use the beltway (thank GOD for that!). It's still a good hour drive. We'll see. I'm going to try to work out hours where I may not have to deal with the traffic as much. Maybe be out of there by 3:30 and get there at 7:30 everyday. (I'd get to sleep another two hours!). So that's the possible benefits. Maybe. Magic words and maybe a little more sleep......maybe.
So, that's my story for today. Pray for the best. Maybe it will be better, maybe it won't. I really hope it will. I'm all about a better situation! Even though I am once again stuck.
Bring on the location change God! I'm ready to go.
I hope to get out of here soon.
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Honestly, when it's a job you like the drive isn't as bad even if it's longer. I'm in the DC Metro area (Northern VA side) commuting Woodbridge to Alexandria...Getting ready to be the outskirts of Manassas to Alexandria. But I really do like my job and don't mind the commute very much. In the past I had a shorter commute & hated the job which made my commute seem like an eternity.
You should really sit down with Chris and weigh the pros and cons, pray about it and trust the decision you come to. :) I know God will guide you in the right direction.
Oh Alicia, I'm stillpraying for you. I feel bad that you are going through all this.
Hang in there.
Definetely weigh the pros and cons, pray about it, and take time to just sit there and be open to God's answer.
Charles Stanley said once in a sermon (here I go again) that when facing any kind of decision, especially major ones, to really pay attention to your consciousness. What is your inner voice saying? Being a Christian that is how God can speak to you (it's also how Satan can use you). If you are the slightest bit unsure, unsettled, or have any kind of static about the decision you're facing DONT MOVE! He said this is crucial, you dont want to move away from God, you want to stay near Him, in His will. If you're unsettled about it then it's not the way to go, sounds easy right? ... haha. Not moving is really hard when you really want out, but from what I read, the negative aspects, that you arent thrilled and at peace with this option even at this stage, it may not be in God's will. Only you and God know though.
My heart aches for you. You continue to be in my prayers. Remember what Stanley said about struggles and keep taking one step at a time with your head Up.
I just echo what RJ said. You have to totally listen to God on this and only make the move if you feel a peace about it. God is in control of every situation and I will pray that He makes His good, perfect and pleasing will very plain to you in this circumstance.
that commute sounds killer - but people do things like that all the time when opportunity knocks. i dont have a ton of advice since i hate my job, and the commute but and kinda stuck right now, you know? i just wish you the strength to make the right decision for you...it will all work out.
Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you! I know how badly you want to be in a job and place that you love. I feel for you!
Ugh. I know this isn't the change you were waiting for. Like you've already said...this must be part of the big picture. Just keep your faith and in time you and Chris will be on to much greener pastures. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Definitely praying for the best outcome for you, whatever that ends up being. I am sorry you are having to deal with yet more stress! ARGH!
Post a Comment