
Well, well, well......it looks as if we only have 117 days to go until Christmas! HUH?! Seriously? Where did the last year go already?
OK, enough about that. I need to get in to a serious topic today. Me. LOL, I know I know....it's always all about me, isn't it?
Chris and I were talking last night and he said something that hit me like a ton of bricks. He said "I just want my wife back, she only shows up once or twice a month". WOW. ouch.
We were talking in bed and laughing about a lot of things. The conversation went from that to an always hot topic....me, me, me and my situation. It frustrates him to watch me go through this and not be myself. I KNOW! I'm the one going through it! He always tells me how frustrated he gets because there isn't anything he can do to change it. I know that too and him getting frustrated makes me feel worse. I try to tell him that, but it seems to never sink in. Anyway, this is NOT to rant about Chris because he is supportive. Sometimes, I just think he doesn't get it, even though he thinks he does......he can't feel what I feel and he doesn't fully understand it. He doesn't fully understand that part of me. Heck....I have a hard time understanding it myself sometimes! I went out after he fell asleep and looked at our engagement picture on the wall for a bit. I looked so.....different then. I looked happy and alive. I looked rested and complete. Now here I am...the opposite and I'm sick of it! I prayed last night and cried out to God again to please get me out. No one wants to hire me, and I can't keep going on like this. I can only come to one conclusion....God is getting ready to make His move. I feel like God is getting ready to unleash a big change for us. I just feel it. There aren't any "signs" or anything even being talked about as far as work goes besides Chris moving to another project sometime around December maybe.
I'm half excited at the prospect of getting out of here. I'm half excited at moving to a possible North Carolina or somewhere that is not a huge freaking city that makes me want to vomit. Only half though because it's going to be further away from my family than I have ever lived. We are two hours away now. IF we ended up getting sent to NC (I'm kinda hoping and for this one), it would be more like 8. I am not afraid to fly, so it's not an issue for me. I KNOW that this whole moving this is going to be a part of my life weather I like it or not. It's just the way it is and I am learning to accept that. I am learning that I can't control it....I can't control anything....only God can. It's taken me almost 4 years to accept that we could be shipped off at any given time, but I think I finally have. Not to say that it won't be hard when we do have to move, but I won't be as terrified of the unknown.
I'm ready for a change, I know that much. I'm ready to leave this insanity behind and move on. I'm ready to enjoy myself once again and not have to feel like everything we do is a chore because I am so worn out. I'm ready for a new challenge from God. If and when we move, I will miss being so close to my parents and family terribly. I will miss the fact that they won't be able to just make a day trip or weekend trip without flying (which my Mom won't do). If we go soon, we will lose money on our house because of the crappy market. It will be yet another adjustment period and another round of job hunting in a new area for me (which, trust me....I am FINE with!). I will miss my church.....a lot. I've really grown to love our church and the people we have met through it. BUT, I feel like it will be a welcome change. A fresh start for me to really sink my feet in and become that wife that I need to be for Chris; become a mother and raise our kids in a better place than DC where people get shot in broad daylight ALL.OF.THE.TIME.
I need your good thoughts and prayers......I want out and I think I'm ready for the change. Right now, I may be holding us back though because our company knows that Chris and I are a package deal. They won't put him somewhere without me. As in, I am stuck in this crazy craphole until August of 2008 unless I find another job and that may screw us up. If I don't, my position could keep us in this area even longer and squash some opportunity that Chris has to go elsewhere. I don't want that to happen and I certainly don't want this lifestyle anymore. I don't want Chris to almost fall asleep behind the wheel anymore while driving and I don't want to burn holes in my sheets anymore because I am so restless. I want to sleep and feel peaceful again and most importantly......let Chris have his wife back!
PRAYERS PLEASE!!!!!!!!



14 comments:
Oh geez, a Christmas countdown. Scary scary scary. (In so many ways ..)
I hope that life takes you to a better place soon. That you get out of where you are and into someplace where you're happy again.
Prayers for you both. I hope that something positive happens for you both soon. You sound so miserable sweetie. We're here for you...but so is God. Continue to put it in his hands, and hopefully you will see what his plans for you are. I don't think he's punishing you by keeping you are your current job...I just think he's seeing something that you aren't. Hang in there. Things will change for the better. ((HUGS))
Alicia, I'm always thinking about you and praying that everything works out-as in God getting his Glory or that he shows you the bigger picture in your situation and things will get better! It has to! Jesus says he won't give us more than we can handle- I know that that sounds so cliche but it's true. I pray that soon rather than later you will be able to look back at all of this and say I survived.
You continue to be in my prayers
Have a lovely day
The Christmas countdown sent panic throughout my body, but now that I've recovered - I'm wishing you lots of peace in the coming weeks. I will pray for you and your situation and hope that wherever you and Chris end up that you'll be happy and content.
Of course you have my prayers! I really hope your life does change soon so that you can start to be the "old" you that both you and Chris miss so much! I hate that you are going through such tough times right now. I pray that a solution comes soon! I know it's frustrating that Chris can't completely understand what you are going through right now. I think every couple goes through that, I know I have. It's hard on him cause he can't really change how you feel or what's causing you to feel that way, and it's hard on you because he doesn't quite understand what it's like to be you and feel how you feel. I just really hope something great happens in your life soon!
P.S. NC is a nice place to live, in my biased opinion!
I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so unsettled lately and that it's hard to see an end in sight. I know what it's like to feel like you've lost yourself and it's devastating. You know what turned me around again though? An unplanned pregnancy! LOL! So just keep looking to God, like you have been, and his answer will come. It may not be the one you want...but it will be what you need. :)
P.S. Toby and I are thinking of moving to N.C. one day too...the Raleigh area. Time will tell!
It definitely sounds like you are restless. It's hard being ready for something big but staying in the waiting time. I pray things get a little easier & God gives you both wisdom in handling things and making decisions.
As for Christmas...I'm with you on getting excited about it! I love the holiday season!
I'm sorry to hear how frustrated you are with your current situation and I hope that you get the big change that you need soon. It sounds like you are at a turning point in your life where you are ready to handle what ever changes may happen. I am praying that good things will happen for you guys soon!
By the way I love your new look for your blog! It looks great!
you are in my thoughts and prayers! hang on and remain positive. good stuff is in store for you both.
I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling so unsettled. I've been praying that God is preparing you and Chris for some wonderful changes.
Yikes -guess I've got to get some Christmas shopping done soon! :-)
I'm so sorry that things are so unsettling right now for you! I wish I could help relieve some of your frustrations....but, in the meantime, I'll continue to pray for you!
Holy crap! I better get crackin' on my Christmas shopping! :o)
I prayed for you this morning. I know, just as you know, the Lord is preparing you for something. I'm excited to get to be here when the time comes for Him tomake his move. I look forward to hearing about it and will continue to pray for you and Chris as the Lord brings you to my mind. I hope you're having a realxing weekend.
Post a Comment