Monday, July 30, 2007

Stalkers and Sunburn

I, Alicia, am being followed…..by a greasy old man who looks like Bernie from Weekend at Bernie’s and goes to the tanning bed. (LOL, I know it’s kinda funny, but not so much the past few work days.)

Everyday, I go to a small shopping center right down the road from where I work. I pick up the mail for work, sometimes finish my makeup quickly and sometimes go in to Giant if I need something. Well, lately I have noticed this weirdo staring at me when he gets done tanning (lol, sorry, cracks me up that he is probably 60, full of wrinkles, has a beer gut the size of China and goes tanning). It creeped me out since day 1. Well, on Friday, I thought it was at an all time high. I checked to make sure he wasn’t around as I pulled in the parking lot. No sign of him, he must be tanning though because his car is there. Quickly, I finish applying my mascara, get out and go to the post office. As I am walking back to my car, he is getting in his car. He sees me. Crap. So I get in my car and realize that I NEED tampons…I have NONE and AF is in full swing. Double crap. So, I bravely get out of my car and dart in to Giant. I notice his head lights on as I get out of my car and thank sweet Jesus that he is leaving. I go in to Giant and do my business. I come back out and his lights are off and he is getting out of his car. Crap. So, I walk super quickly to my car and get in. No sooner I start my car, I see his lights flick on. Double crap…..again. I start to drive away at the force of a jet engine taking off. He pulls out behind me. Thanks God Starbucks is always bumping at 6 am. Two cars got in between us and I pulled out and drove away. He was behind me, but went in to the bank. Sweet. Avoided the creep.

Decided that I will ONLY get the mail in the morning and go to Giant at super warp speed if I need to.

Today rolls around and I get to the shopping center. His car is there, but no sign of him. It’s 6:02 and the tanning salon opens at 6. sweet. He’ll be there for awhile. I get the mail, drop it off at my car and head over to Giant at warp speed. I had to get a small bottle of aloe for my massive sunburn (another story). I get to the check out and am in the middle of paying when….guess who sees me and walks in to the store? Yep….creepy dude. Crap. He is standing Right at the door “pretending” to look at a news paper as my gel is being bagged. Crap, I have to WALK.BY.HIM. So, I proceed at warp speed double time. Didn’t even look at him. I get out…safe. Sweet. Guess what? Dude is 20 steps behind me. I pretty much sprinted to my car, locked the doors, turned the key, and threw it in to drive before creep-o could even get his big butt in to his car. I high tailed it out of there and made it to work. Checked over my shoulder at least 20 times before I got out of my car. Had my boss on speed dial if I needed to call him to come out. HRMPFH.

I decided today, that I will get the mail at night, take it home with me and bring it back in the morning. Today was too close for comfort. I was actually really nervous today, but I got out and I'm OK. Just another reason to...........

Moral: ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings!

On to a lighter topic. Chris and I had an awesome weekend…minus the sunburn we got. We went to Sandy Point State Park in MD on Saturday and had a great time. We hung out on the beach in the sun, swam and just enjoyed each other and a day at the beach! I didn’t get pictures, because my camera is MIA. >:-I We decided that this will be a regular thing because it is only a little over an hour away. Sweet!!!!!! We went out to dinner at this little Italian place down town. Awesome food! Chris gave it an A- haha.

Yesterday, we went to church. What a message it was! It was about finding peace within yourself. Spending time Daily in the Word and talking to God is the way. Make it second nature, like brushing your teeth. Why do we brush our teeth? So we don’t lose them. Why should we always be developing our relationship with God? So we don’t lose Him, so we can become better Christians, so we can try to follow in the footsteps of Jesus, so we can find peace.

Every time I begin to fall away from God, I notice. I feel it. I hurt, like I just lost a loved one. I know that I will NEVER lose God, but I will always have trying times and I need to make God THE priority of my life. Through Him, I can do anything. I can be the best wife, daughter, sister, friend, mentor, employee, etc. I can be all of those things better than I am now. I need to spend more time with God. He is not only my heavenly Father, but He is my friend and I need to remember that as well.

After church, we didn’t do much of anything. We took care of the monster pile of laundry in our bedroom. I made chicken salad for lunch this week and low fat brownies (which are totally delish by the way….thank you betty crocker!) and then worked on a card for my cousin and his wife who just had their third baby….a little girl. I got her a cute dress at tar-jay this weekend also. It’s a little green Winnie the Pooh dress with a cute green and purple flowered onsie underneath. Ah, I want one! LOL, Chris told me to keep it and start my collection of baby clothes. LOL, yeah, thanks honey. The less I think about having a baby, the better off I will be.

I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

14 comments:

Cathy said...

How CREEPY! I hope your new nighttime plan will work out better.

Cortnee said...

wow...I think it is best that you get your mail at night. You never ever know what creepy dudes like that are thinking. I mean what old guy goes tanning almost everyday at 6 in the morning. Wierd!!

You are so right about making God priority. When you lose sight you can actually feel the goodness slipping away and it's not a good feeling. Thanks for the encouragment!!

that's awesome you guys found your own spot ya know! And of course a good restaurant.

Have a great day girl!

Kristen Miller said...

Eww...hopefully with getting the mail at night you'll never have to lay eyes on that creep again. That's freaky!

Sounds like a wonderful and relaxing weekend. I'd kill for a day at the beach and a dinner out right about now. ;)

audreybreier said...

That guy would totally freak me out. Hopefully getting the mail at night will help you never have to see him again!

I'm glad you had a good weekend! I'd love to go to the beach! Hopefully you guys will be able to do that more often! It sounds like fun!

Platinum Rose said...

Ok, that old man story is really really creepy. I am glad you are altering your routine so you can avoid him! Thank goodness you are aware of your surroundings and know what to do to protect yourself! I am glad you had a fun weekend! Owie to the sunburn though! The Winnie-the-Pooh dress sounds adorable, I love Winnie-the-Pooh! And I know what you mean, when you said the less you think about it, the better off you will be.

Jenny said...

Ugh, I hate creeps like that. It's so good to trust your instincts, and your new plan sounds like it may be a good idea. Be careful!

Heather said...

What a creepy guy!

It sounds like you had a good weekend! Sorry about the sunburn though!

Jodi said...

How creepy!!!!!! Blech!

Unknown said...

Wow, that is super creepy! ICK!

I'm struggling to make God a priority in my life right now too, and I KNOW how important that is.

We're off to the beach this weekend - I can't wait! :-)

Lis said...

The story cracked me up only because of how you wrote it but, I can imagine just how scary it really is. I am glad that you are aware enough about it to be alert - maybe if it continues you should tell someone - who, I don't know but, that would freak me out too.
Glad everything esle seems to be going good.
I have missed you and wanted to say HI!

Lis xo :O)

Me said...

Wow, be careful. Things like that are so scary. And I am in the same place as you as far as struggling to be close to God right now. Maybe we should start an online Bible study! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Creepy! I'm glad you've come up with a way to deal with such a bad situation. It's definitely a struggle right now to get all the priorities right in my walk with God. I guess it's sometimes easier to set him to the side when life gets busy even though it's really when I need him the most.

Michelle said...

LOL~ I don't mean to laugh. I know that your "stalker" isn't funny...but the way you described him, I can just see him. We've got creepy guys like that at the bank where I work. Gross. I hope getting the mail at night will help and you won't run into this freak. Good luck with that.
Thanks for the encouragement to spend more time with God. This is something that we all need to do and lifestyles are so busy these days. We need to MAKE time for Him above all else. Thanks for the advice...I liked your analogy about the teeth brushing. It made me laugh. I don't want to loose my teeth or God.
Take care and pray about the creepy tanned guy!

Abbie said...

I love your blogs-partly because you go to my church!
Kim is awesome isn't she?