Monday, June 18, 2007

Why the Gnome makes me Angry

I feel funny today.

Maybe it’s the fact that my blog crapped out on me this morning and it took me for-ever to fix it! I’m pretty sure I’m still missing some links (if you are one, I am SO SO SO sorry, just email me!
aflynn1980@yahoo.com). Maybe it’s that I can’t stop sneezing….AT ALL. I have a feeling that it is both of these along with the never ending “I need a change of scenery in my life” problem. There are times when I really feel like I can do this commute and lifestyle….and I try so hard. I do have good weeks. Better now with the Zoloft. The Zoloft has really helped in controlling all of the crazy GI issues I was having. It has really alleviated a lot of the physical symptoms of stress.

Today is a day where I KNOW that I need a change of scenery. Chris and I talked about it again on Friday. I think I have been limiting my options in the work world to relate to exactly what I am doing right now. I have many skills far beyond what I do now, although this is one of the most challenging positions I have ever held.

Working with a predominately male work force has become quite a challenge. A lot of the guys I work with are really great, but there are moments when I don’t understand the macho-mania that comes about in the office. I mean really…..who in their right mind came up with the phrase “douche it out” for the cleaning of an area? Yeah….a man…..that I happen to work with. I refer to him as the gnome. He is the most condescending person I have ever met. Every time I have to deal with him, I pray for God to give me the strength to not want to kick him in his manhood while he speaks. I really do!

See, a big part of my problem is lack of female contact. I work with one other woman who I see sporadically throughout the week. Besides her, my family and friends back in PA and a few sporadic women down here are MY ONLY FEMALE CONTACT.

THAT, my dear friends, is a major reason why you all are such an important part of my daily life. You are a group of women who I can count on to make me laugh, make me cry, make me think and let me, be me without criticizing. I thank you for that.

Anyway, not really sure where this post was going….I guess it just has the random thoughts consuming my brain for today (other than the baby fever that is still there).

Have a lovely Monday girls!


P.S. Gonad is still here...Chris didn't punt her off of the balcony after all...he was actually being really nice to her last night because she was such a good little fur baby all weekend! WOOT!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like Gonad isn't keeping the 2 of you up any more at night. Especially if Daddy was being nice! LOL. That's great.
I know what you mean about a change of scenery. For a long time after I moved here (I've been here 10 yrs now) I didn't have any female "friends". Lots of acquantinces but no real friends. It's hard. It's real hard. You need women around you. You need women to share things with, and most of all you need women to "get you". There's no way any man will ever totally "get" you...not even your husband. Not totally. DH can never be everything to you and meet every need. That's where our friends come in. I've got a few great ones now and then all of you here on the blogs. It's great what all you women do for me (and each other!) every day. :) Hang in there with the Gnome. He's just a jerk, sounds like, so just take him with a grain of salt. Too bad I don't work with you...we would so be cracking jokes on the Gnome. LOL! Have a good day.

C-Rah said...

I had the same problem when I was trying to re-do the look of my blog - all of a sudden, I had no links, pictures, blinkies - NOTHING! It can be frustrating. I hope you find a design you like that doesn't eat up your important stuff.

It's hard to be content with where you are sometimes. I know if I had YOUR schedule, I'd be going a little crazy. I hope you and DH find a happy medium that makes you guys content and sane.

And talk about baby fever!!! I got it in spades. Don't you wish we could just ditch it and not notice every freakin' baby blanket that crosses out path??? I wish!

Cathy said...

Sorry about your blog craziness yesterday! They can be touchy sometimes.

You DO sound like you need a change. Is job hunting in your immediate future perhaps?

Platinum Rose said...

I am so glad that Gonad is still surviving! And I laughed out loud over your comments about the "gnome". Honestly, he says "douche it on!"? HOW AWFUL, yet funny at the same time! I really hope you are able to find a job situation soon that is what you need. I know it's easy to settle into a routine and stick with a job you already have, but if it's not making you happy, do something else! Especially while we are still so young and it's easier to change careers!