Last night, I was going through all of my clothes and putting them away. As I was doing that, I was trying to plan out my outfits for the rest of the week because when you get up at 4, you could very easily wear a bright orange and yellow polka dotted pajama top and a pair of maroon gauchos to work and not realize it until 10 am. (at least that’s how I work). As I started putting on my jeans, I notice that they are a bit snug. Now, I realize that I just washed them and everyone knows your jeans a re a bit more snug right after they are washed. Well, as I was moving in them and trying to find a shirt to wear, I noticed that they are REALLY, SIGNIFICANTLY more snug than usual. I must have tried on 20 different shirts to TRY to find one that you couldn’t see my new found “love handles” sticking out of. Ha! Joke was on me because, I don’t have one single freaking shirt (minus my dead of the winter sweater collection) that didn’t show off my new found love handles. Where, oh where, did these positively ridiculous things come from that were not there a day ago!? Huh? I mean really….I have been dealing with GI issues for almost a year now and I haven’t had a “bloating incident” of this magnitude in all of that time…..at least not that lasted well into the nest day! As I sit here and type this, my jeans are trying to cut me in half at the waist….and this is the loosest pair I own…they were falling off of my hips a few days ago! Really, is this a bad dream?
Now, before I say the next thing….please understand that I’m sure I am not pregnant….well, anything is possible, but I’m like 99% sure I’m not pregnant.
The following all happened BEFORE I was trying on the clothes
Chris and I were getting our showers last night and he accidentally bumped my boob (sorry if this is TMI, but…well, I have to tell you!) and it HURT! Like, the day or two before my period hurt….my period isn’t due to come for another two weeks. Then we noticed that they are a bit more firm and somewhat swollen compared to their normal state. GAH! What!? C’mon…..who’s playing this joke on me….show your face!
Then we start being silly and sticking our bellies out as far as we can to see who looks more pregnant (don’t ask…we were super tired)…..and we saw how noticeably bloated I was. HUH?
Chris was all “you’ve been taking your pill, right?” and I was all “nope, I’ve been feeding it to Gonad to see what will happen.” LOL. “duh, of course I have”.
Well, of course I had the thought “what if?”
Now, I’m exhausted. More so the past two weeks than anything.
I’ve also had a massive breakout on my face that started last week. I probably have 5 or six pimples and I DON”T GET PIMPLES people! I get one ONCE IN A WHILE.
Is my body just being crazy?
Am I just being crazy?
I really do think I am being crazy, but why all of this crazy crap within the past two weeks? Stress maybe?
Thoughts, please.
P.S. I'm totally peeing a lot.



16 comments:
ok, so let's back up to the 99% sure you are not pregnant part... 99% because you have taken a test, or what???
you probably need to get a test on your way home... just a suggestion. :) (says the girl who conceived baby #1 while on the pill)
Uh, unless you have changed some of your meds that might give you pregnacy symptoms...I might say you could be PG. But that is just my hunch. I would go with annie's suggestion too. Couldn't hurt. Start there, then start down your list of what else it might be.
Keep us informed!!
Honestly, MY guess is that your body is just doing its own freaky thing this month, making some extra hormones (or being over-sensitive to the ones that are there) just for kicks.
For instance, one month when I was on the pill (a pill I had been on for YEARS), mid-month I got all nauseous, bloated, sore boobs, tired, headachey ... it was nothing. (Ok, well, in my particular case it likely wasn't *nothing*, it was likely something hormonal in relation to endo. But not pregnancy, in any case. And it was nothing like actually being pregnant turned out to be.)
You *could* be pregnant. Things happen. Take a test if it will put your mind at ease. But I also think and know that all of those things CAN happen for other reasons.
take the test already!
Hmmm, I'm likely to say is probably nothing (but again, it could not be nothing).
I've been on the same pill for 2 years and lately my boobs have been huge and swollen for the last 2 weeks before my period (yup, TMI, tee hee) then I get my period and all is well. Who the heck knows why this happens (can't say I'm too disappointed, I enjoy my larger "girls" for a few weeks).
But I might suggest taking a test on your way home, just to be sure. I know I would - but I get super paranoid!
As a fellow zoloft taker...although, I just weaned myself off of it...it CAN do weird, weird things to your body. Hence, the reason I came off of it. I haven't had a period in a month or so, and I am NOT pregnant...been tested, and all that. Now it's a waiting game.
Your other symptoms sound like you may be pregnant though. Have you tested? If not, go to the nearest drug store. Go. Go now. My son was conceived on the pill. Let us know you're results.
well...
You definitely could be pg. Ive heard of and known people who have gotten pg on the pill (plus some girls here have too) but how long has it been since your last period? could you even take a test yet?
But it is also important to note that there are sooooooo many things that can cause symptoms like that, its hard to pin it down.
I say start with a test, if you can test now, and then narrow it down from there.
keep us posted!!
hey girls, thanks for the advice! I can't test until at least Sunday. My next period is due to come on Wednesday or Thursday of next week. I talked to Chris about it tonight, and I will test on Sunday and Monday if I still have all of this craziness. Thanks again girls, you are all SOOOO wonderful! I will keep you posted. :-)
Those are some pretty crazy symptoms... it does sound like you are pregnant. I guess you'll know for sure once you've taken the test. Hope you are feeling more like yourself soon!
My vote is that your body is just freaking out right now. If your period isn't due for another two weeks then it would be WAAAAY too early to test. And, IF you were to get pregnant it doesn't happen till about 7-10 days after you ovulate anyways, and if you're taking your pill correctly then that shouldn't happen...but IF that does happen (b/c we all know someone who got pg on the pill) that would be happening right about now.
Anyways, anything CAN happen...but it's just too early to tell with a test right now. You'll have to stick it out the next two weeks and if aunt flo doesn't show, take a test....but, I'm guessing it's just your body doin' some crazy things to you right now.
And, for what it's worth, I didn't get any pregancy "symptoms" until after I had tested positive on a test. Let us know though!!! Like me, I'm sure everyone else is also interrested to see how things unfold! :o)
Ha- no help from me woman. I don't know. I think you ought to take a Pregnancy test. Not only would you know, but I'm sure it'd put your mind at rest. LET US KNOW!
I'm just going to throw 2 more cents in, for kicks..
If you were pregnant to the point of having THAT many symptoms, my guess is that the last period would have been the fluke - as in you would have been pregnant then, but bled anyway. Because it really does seem like these started too early for you to have ovulated, fertilized, and implanted this cycle AND then had those symptoms start. You'd be right around implantation now.
So you *could* take a test now, if you were concerned about it having happened last cycle. Otherwise, really, don't stress about it.
Well, since you are expecting your period soon...I'd wait and see what happens with that before you start worrying (unless you were planning this...but doesn't really sound like it). I haven't heard a lot of what Jodi was saying before, but she must know something...isn't she currently pg? LOL. Anyway, I have to agree with Cathy...it's too soon for that many pg symptoms unless you were already pg when you had that last period...and people DO sometimes still have periods during early pregnancy.
My vote is to wait it out...see if you get your period. Zoloft and other medications can really do a number on your cycle. Once again, I'm currently dealing with that, I think. Let us know if you find anything out.
Somehow I think a lot of us are secretly hoping you're pg. I hope that you would be okay with that too! Don't want to be praying the wrong prayers for you! LOL.
Hmmm? I'd take the test!
If not, have you ever been tested for Celiac? My MIL and SIL both have it, and whenever they eat something they shouldn't, their bellies bloat. Just a suggestion if you're not pregnant, that is!
That definately sounds like pregnancy symptoms, but it'd be way to early to start having those symptoms already. Jodi explained it well so I won't go into it again :)
I'm very anxious to find out though! Anything is possible. Good luck and I hope it turns out however you want it too! I can't wait for Sunday so you can test :)
all signs seem to point to pregnancy to me!!! but the fact that you are still on the pill makes that highly unlikely. Odd indeed, though! I would take a test if you don't get your period when you expect it!
Post a Comment