Thursday, May 17, 2007

Throwing up on a six laner and other random musings brought to you today by your friendly town nut

I’m here, I’m here!

Wow. I.have.been.buuuuuusy! Work is at an all time outrageous pace, and my personal life (or lack there of) has been filled with sleeping (and puking yesterday which actually has a funny little twist to it that I’ll get to later). My, what an interesting life I seem to lead! Do you remember those den pictures I promised? Yeah, they are STILL sitting in the digi at home. This life I live has got to change for the better at some point, right? And when I say for the better, I mean actually having a life that doesn’t consist of the following:

4 am: BUZZZZ BUZZZZZZ BEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 am: stumble down three flights of stairs in hopes that I will break my leg by falling so I have an excuse to go to the hospital and sleep cause ALL rational people know that a broken leg and a hospital bed would be better than this.

6 am: arrive at the craphole

10 am: plotting how to light my office on fire without being busted for arson.

12 pm: “I’m pretty sure I didn’t mean to pack rabbit food for lunch today.”

12:10 pm: walk to car to go to grocery store for an edible lunch while cursing the work fairy for making me get up so early everyday

12:30 pm: get back to work with lunch in hand and afternoon caffeine source (very exciting!)

12:35 pm: “Hey Alicia, I need you to blah blah blah”

12:36 pm: *bite me*

1:30 pm: attempt number 2 at lunch

1:31 pm: “Alicia, you have to finish blah blah blah before 2”.

1:32 pm: *seriosuly!?*

2 pm: “Hey Alicia, we don’t need blah blah blah until tomorrow…sorry!”

2:01 pm: *remind me WHY I do this again!....oh yeah, bills*


2:01:48 pm: “Hey Office Girl, I need this to be blah blah blah asap”

2:02 pm: “Hey macho man, bite me…I’m going to eat my lunch and then MAYBE I will help you”.

4:00 pm: hahaha! I have conquered another day at the craphole and I am still alive!

4:05 pm: get yelled at by the fuzz (super nice police officers …please sense my sarcasm) at Chris’ office……multiple times about where my car is, why I am driving around so much, why I am illegally parked……

4:05 pm – 5:00 pm: misc. cell phone text messages and chatter about why Chris is being held up at work…AGAIN

5:05 pm: Chris is finally out.

5:06 pm – 7:30 pm: duke it out with every other possible car in the DC Metro area on the road

7:31 pm: FINALLY arrive home

8:00 pm: eat dinner. AND when I say dinner, I mean mac and cheese…..frozen pizza……corn…….minute rice…..and anything that takes less than 10 minutes to cook and has microwavable capabilities.

9:00 pm: crawl in to bed and twiddle my thumbs until I finally fall asleep a few hours later

Teeheehee. Tis my life. Actually, Chris has been getting out a lot more on time lately. So, we have been getting home between 6 and 6:30.

Still no luck on the employment homefront. I have a few possible (and I say possible with great hesitation) leads. Just keep praying that God will lead me where I need to go ladies because I am at the end of my rope with this lifestyle. I want to be able to go home and pull a Dish from Trish type meal, I’d like to be able to unwind before I go to bed so I’m not staring at my ceiling for hours contemplating why monkeys throw their own poop and other various factnoids that keep my mind off of reality. I’d like to be able to have a baby. BUT, my body is in NO way ready for that. Let me give you a little insight in to the “puking thing” I was talking about earlier.

Yesterday, I get to the craphole at my normal 6ish. I start doing my thing and my head is sort of burning on the right side (like a bonfire in my head!) and by 8 am, I am in the nasty bathroom puking my guts up (literally because I hadn’t eaten anything since lunch the day before….another story for another time). By 9:30, I had puked again. I went in and told my boss that I was going home. As I approached my car, I felt the monster coming on AGAIN! I ran to the trees behind our parking lot…and again…I threw up. What in the world!? By this point, I have nothing left in my body and my head is KILLING me. I have at least an hour drive home.
About half way home….it hits me again. At this point I’m doing 75 on a six lane highway, and I’m in the far left “lemme pass everyone so I can get home before I fall apart” lane. I start to slow down and pull on to the shoulder. Again, I am puking as cars are wizzing by my head at 75 mph (this is the funny little twist…..who throws up on the side of a major six lane highway! Yeah….me). ugh. I finally got home, and went to bed for the rest of the day until I had to pick Chris up at the metro at 6:30.

So, that is my exciting story and why my body is not possibly ready to have a child yet….ad much as I would like to. Not to mention, we need a bigger house…because really, our condo is perfect for the two of us and Gonad. Our “second bedroom” is a den with all kinds of scrapbooking and craft stuff and the computer etc. Anyway, on to other things.

Babies….So many of you have had or about to have your little ones and I am so excited!
Jamie and baby Mackenna, LP and baby Josey, Christina and baby Timmy; Nicki and baby Brody, now we have Audrey, Betsy, Kristin, Jodi, Jess, Trish and another someone special (you know who you are!) I want to be part of the mommie club! J It’s just not my time yet. God will let me know when it’s my time.

Anyway, one more little side note. I started a new series by Elizabeth George “A Woman After God’s Own Heart” and it is awesome so far! I have only done the first two chapters, but it has really opened my eyes to a lot of things that I need to work on. It was recommended to me by a girl in my small group at church who I have kind of taken as a mentor of sorts. She is a lot like me and struggled with a lot of the same things as I am today (work, lack of sleep, health issues because of the previous, putting God on the backburner). I really need to work on my relationship with God, because holy cow…….the more time I devote to Him, the more He is opening my eyes and that is exactly what I need to figure out my next move…I need His guidance! Wish me well and pray for me girls. I have been trying to figure out what God wants me to do….what His will is for my life, but I’m having a hard time with it, so just pray that He will open my eyes to His plan for me so that I can follow it.

I hope all is well with everyone of you and I am so sorry I haven’t posted much lately. We are turning a building over at work in two weeks and everything is hitting the fan….but when I do figure out that will for my life and I do get a new job and re-center myself…..you will all be hearing from me a lot more….promise!

10 comments:

Mrs. Taco said...

You must work in a place similar to me! LOL Your typical work day is like my work day some days!!! :p Too funny. And thanks for the book "recommendation"! I'm always looking for some kind of faith based, faith enriching kind of book to read. An acquaintance of mine told me that the book "Experiencing God" really changed her life. And I have to say, I had seen a huge difference in her (apparently since reading this book) to where I'm anxious to get my hands of a copy as well! I sooo want a deep faith like she has. Good luck on your faith journey. I hope you find many things that strengthen your faith. :o) Take care.

Lis said...

Thanks darlin' - I so want to get that book.
Do you think you might be puking for another reason.....hhhmmmmm???
It seems to be going around - pretty soon it will be only the single gal (me) that's not prego - lol!!!
Keep us update on how you are girly!!

Love, Lis xo

Anonymous said...

hello! I just rambled onto your blog somehow, and to what great surprise to see my blog on your sidebar! ::jumps up and down:: thank you! and it's nice to meet you. Hope you stop the puking on the side of the highway.

audreybreier said...

Wow..your schedule is definately hectic!! I will pray for you that you can find another job...one that you really enjoy and gives you a little more free time!

I read that book not too long ago and got a lot of great stuff out of it. You'll really enjoy it! One that I just finished reading is called In Pursuit of Peace..I recommend that to everyone, it was SUCH a great book! So, I'd recommend it to you too :) I do a book club with a few friends every week and that's the book we just finished reading!

Jodi said...

Your post was cracking me up! Sorry you were sickly....and really, who DOES throw up in the middle of the highway, NOT hungover! :o) Did you have the flu, or were you quite possibly puking for another reason! It's in the water ya know!!! :o)

Cathy said...

Ugh .. sorry about the puking. Gross. Feeling better now, I hope?

Your life sounds crazy. You need to find a new job! (Duh.)

erin said...

oh you poor thing---I'm so sorry you were puking on the highway....that is terrible! I hope you're feeling better and that you have a WONDERFUL anniversary! :)

I've read that book by Elizabeth George--it is wonderful and I can't wait to hear more about what you're learning.

Have a great day!!

Love,
Erin

Life's A Beach said...

I can't believe your jobs. They sound so crazy. I hope that they pay off in the end. It's the start of your career so work hard here so you can land the job you really want.

Good luck with the leads you have. I hope that something pans out soon. Your schedule just makes me tired reading about it.

Platinum Rose said...

oh geez, that's a stinky typical day! No wonder you want a new job! I hope you are feeling better now after that puking incident....

Tiffany said...

I can't believe how busy you are! I don't blame you for NEEDING to find another job. The one you have sounds way too stressful. Anyway I hope you feel better soon!