I wanted to share this once in a life time shot with all of you. Fourth of July, two years ago, my whole family and Chris' family went to a pig roast at a friends house (as my parents do every year). It was also a suprise 50th birthday party for BOTH of my parents AND their 30th wedding anniversary party. geez, talk about packing a lot in to one day! Anyway, this is a picture of my grandfather before he got sick. He decided, at 83 years old, along with my grandmother, who was 82, that they wanted to do a shot out of an ice luge, and they don't even drink! Yep, that's him, at 83, sucking down a shot of coconut rum out of an ice luge in celebration of all of the great things that were being celebrated that day! he's one cool cat!Wednesday, May 02, 2007
I wanted to share this once in a life time shot with all of you. Fourth of July, two years ago, my whole family and Chris' family went to a pig roast at a friends house (as my parents do every year). It was also a suprise 50th birthday party for BOTH of my parents AND their 30th wedding anniversary party. geez, talk about packing a lot in to one day! Anyway, this is a picture of my grandfather before he got sick. He decided, at 83 years old, along with my grandmother, who was 82, that they wanted to do a shot out of an ice luge, and they don't even drink! Yep, that's him, at 83, sucking down a shot of coconut rum out of an ice luge in celebration of all of the great things that were being celebrated that day! he's one cool cat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
Awww, such a cool memory to have, and thanks for sharing that with us!
Love it! What a wonderful photo and a great memory to have of your grandfather!
That is the funniest thing ever - too cool!!! Rock On!!!
Lis xo
That's fantastic that your grandfather decided to do that!
That is so funny! Thanks for making me smile tonight :)
that is the best thing i have ever seen!!!!!!!!! what a great memory and story to tell the kids someday :-)
and the intro to the special people in your life is wonderful too - i love that sort of thing!!!!!
First things first, I will say a prayer for your grandfather today. I read your earlier post about it. I pray he is doing well and his health has improved. Please keep us posted. I'm so glad we can pray for each other!
Next- I loved your last post of pictures! It's nice ot meet your family! You are so pretty Angela!
Lastly, that picture is too funny. I"m glad you posted it. Hope you're having a good weekend!
what a great picture! your grandpa seems like a very cool guy. I am praying for him--hope things are going better.
Love,
Erin
Just wanted to stop by to say hello and let you know I was thinking about you. I hope you had a great weekend, and hopefully this week is going well so far. I look forward to hearing abotu it!
hey sweetie! i just wanted to say thank you for your sweet comments on my spot!
i hope you are doing well and hope to catch up on you soon!
Hey girl, when are you going to post???? I know you are not MIA.
Do you remember awhile back you told me about a good book to read geared towards women and faith - what was the name of that???
Thanks sweetie!
Lis xo
Post a Comment