Friday, January 12, 2007

Last night, Chris calls me and says he won’t be ready until 4:30. I said OK. I emailed him at 4:20 and said are you sure you’re ready to go? He replied…Yes. I go to pick him up. I get there at 4:30. My phone rings at 4:35 and it’s him.
“Yeah?”
“Are you here yet?”
“ Yes, why?”
“I’m not ready.”
“…when?”
(angry police man that guards his building is meanwhile tapping on my car window….”Ma’am, you need to keep moving or park in a space….you can’t just sit here” (like I haven’t been doing this for three freakin years you donut eating fake cop moron)….”OK, thanks “”””””OFFICER””””””.)
“I don’t know. D just gave me something to do that needs to be done by 6:30 tomorrow morning.” (remember, it is 4:35 at this point!)
“WHAT!?.....He couldn’t MAYBE get it to you A LITTLE bit EARLIER!?”
“I don’t know, but I have to get it done.”
“What in the world am I supposed to do?”
“Go to the mall”
“I don’t have ANY MONEY for the parking garage! I will just freaking go back to work. No wait, screw that…I’ll go to Target…I have to get a few things anyway.”
“But, you don’t get a phone signal in there.”
“I don’t care. I will see you calling and call you right back. I’m not sitting somewhere that I get a full signal waiting because D can’t seem to get his crap together!”
“OK, I will call you when I’m done.”
“Alright. I love you.”
“Love you too.”

Fast forward to 5:50 PM…….he is done. I drive home and we get home around 7:30. The whole way home, I let him doze in and out of consciousness. My baby needs to rest, but he is too stressed out to rest. I’m thinking the whole way home…..I can’t do this. I can’t get up at 4, and get home at 7, 8, 9 o’clock every night! With all of my lovely GI problems, if I eat too late, I’m up all night. SOMETHING has got to give here. My husband is slowly losing his sanity…as I have already. But tonight…..we go to happy hour from 4-8….his job is paying. Doesn’t make up for his sanity loss, or the stress that it is putting me under, BUT it will be nice to cut loose for an evening! Please keep us in your prayers….especially Chris. I'm surprisingly OK really, just a much needed vent. :-) Maybe it is because I plan to take full advantage of the happy hour tonight which is completely unlike me. =D

No comments: