So, it's 5:00 and I am STILL at work. good ol' meetings for Chris. We've only been at work since 6 this morning. lovely. I wanted to go home and actually cook dinner tonight. Slowly, but surely as this day went on and the pressure is building with only having 148 days to finish the school.....things are hitting the fan. Things are being said that shouldn't be said. People are getting angry.....as this is the case on most construction sites when it begins to come to the end of a job...ESPECIALLY on a job that is having major schedule issues.....mine. FUN. I know a lot of you out there are work-o-holics and see your job as one of the most important things, BUT I see it differently. A job is something we do to pay the bills and maintain some sort of normal standard of living in our lives. Food and whatnot. In Genesis, God said that man will have to work for the rest of his life and woman would have unberable pain during child birth as punishment for sin. I am not quoting, nor will I ever unless I have a Bible in front of me. This is something Chris and I talked about when we were talking about why we work so much and what it does to us. We looked up the passage in Genesis together that night.
I see the most important things as God, my family and all of the people in this world that I care about; my health, my sanity and everything that goes with that. This industry is greedy. Very very greedy. So may are though. Everyone is out to make a buck. Of course money is an important factor, DUH...we all need it to live, but sometimes it goes overboard. I'm feeling strangely obscure about what I want out of life. No, let me rephrase that.....what God wants out of my life. What does He want me to do? Where does He want me to be and what is His plan for me? I've been struggling with this relaization for a while now and I'm trying to figure out how to resolve it. I know through prayer, but I also know that there are other things. One of the girls on The Nest, a truely wonderful website for newlyweds, posted a blog yesterday about her faith and about the very issue that I'm talking about. She subscribed to a magazine called "In Touch". It is by In Touch ministries. If any of you know who Charles Stanley is, then you probably know this magazine. There was an article in this months issue about how to figure out what your God given talents are and formulate what career might be ideal for you. I need this issue. I subscribed to it today, but I won't get my first issue for 2 to 3 weeks and by then it will be the February issue. Luckily, you can read any of the archived issues on line, so I will have to wait for the January issue to be posted. She was also talking about a DVD series by Charles Stanley's son, Andy. It is called imarriage. Chris and I have been talking for a long time about 1.) Finding a church in our area 2.) Taking a young married couples class or joining a small group for young married couples. Anyway, this DVD series is about humility in your marriage, not being so stubborn, etc. Everyone that knows us knows that we are both incredibly stubborn people. It would be great to be able to grown our young marriage over the years through the Lord and let it get stronger and stronger everyday. Anyway, still no word from Chris. I will wait. :-) Oh happy day!
Have a wonderful evening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
You guys have very stressful jobs. I hope that as time goes on things get a little more sane for you both in this area of your life.
I agree with you, I work to enjoy my life. I don't work because it is my life.
I'll add you to my prayers. OH, and somewhere on the nest I read about an iMarriage class at a church one of the girls is going to. The i is small to symbolize that you can't be the first and only person in your marriage. I like that.
Post a Comment