Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Quickie

*sigh*. I wish it would end. I wish George Bush was out of office and I wish our economy wasn't in complete shambles. I have a lot on my mind today.

I was told last night that on top of my Mom losing her job by the end of the year....my Dad is now losing his....again......for the second time......in two years.

Please don't give me any crap if you are a George Bush supporter, because I didn't mean for this to be political. I support our country 100%. I love it with all of my heart, but I think there have been some poor decisions made in Washington and I attribute part of why both of my parents are losing their jobs to that poor decision making. Of course, I realize that it is not all of the Bush administrations fault. I understand that there are many other factors, but Bush and his cronies (sorry, it's my pet name) have a lot to do with the state of our economy......and of my parents.

They are in their 50's and are losing their jobs. Both of them. Job loss. My heart is hurting and I don't know what to say to comfort them anymore. I don't know what to do. I'm not there to support them. I'm here. In this crappy place with a crappy job (that's a WHOLE OTHER post).

I just hurt today and I want to ask for your prayers. I am completely devastated on the inside and am having a hard time not kicking the crap out of something...anything. I'm not usually an angry person.

My Mom asked me how I know God would see them through this last night. I couldn't find the answer at that very moment, even though I know the promises God has made to us. It just wouldn't come to me. Tonight, I plan to sit and research scripture to aid my parents.

If I would have written the way I am really feeling on the inside, you would have seen a lot of swearing and anger......but that's not me. It's the devil....playing with me. Toying with my emotions. I need to get past that so I can help my parents the best way I know how....with God's word.

Please pray.

19 comments:

erin said...

Oh sweetie, I'm sorry. I know how it is to have a parent lose their job....it can be a long and sometimes painful ordeal. I will be praying for you all.

And for your Scripture digging...check out Phillipians and John 14:27....God is there and He doesn't leave us.

Love,
Erin

Cathy said...

I'm sorry about your parents and their jobs. That's really hard.

I hope they both manage to find something new and it leads them to a great new life.

Heather said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. They will be in my prayers and so will you.

Platinum Rose said...

I am so sorry Alicia. I know that nothing I can say will change how you are feeling right now, but you and your family are in my prayers. I really hat that this is happening to you and your parents It sucks! My Mom lost her job (of almost 25 years) very unexpectedly in her early 50's and she was absolutely devastated. To this day (8 years later) she's still not fully recovered from the cruel deal she was dealt. She went on to find another job, and about 2 years later, lost that one, too. So in some ways I do feel your pain and understand what it's like. It's a very scary, emotionally draining, painful, lonely place for your parents right now. I know you'll be there for them though, even if on the phone, helping them as best you can. You all are in my thoughts and prayers!

Platinum Rose said...

P.S. Sometimes it really does help to find something that you can "kick the crap out of"...find something you can do that with, (that is ok to break/kick!) and it will help you to feel a little bit better, to vent out some of the anger you are going through. I have definitely done that before!

goodtwin said...

Wonderful post. I think I know how you are feeling on the inside because of all the court 'crap' going on in our lives. I too, could cuss a blue streak, but it is not the real me and not very Christian like. Sunday night when we found out that Little Man had to move to KY, I cried my eyes out and then searched for some passage in my Bible to help comfort me. I'm not that good at seeking out scripture and the only thing I could come up with was that Jesus asked that the little children come to him. We have been taking Little Man to church with us whenever we have him for the past year and I just pray that he is absorbing some of it, knowing that our God is a just God and even though we don't get the answers we always want, HE will always be with us. I am praying for healing for you. Go break a piece of pottery. Have you read http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com
Check on 'the past and the pitcher' on her website.

Joyce said...

I am so sorry about your parents losing their jobs. I will be praying for them and you. You are so right to go to God's word because that is where you can find all the answers. Your faith is inspirational.

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

Alicia,

I am praying for your parents. I do hope that the Lord works this out for them. Have faith. He has a plan.

*Maria D.*

Abbie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about dad too. What is going on?????
I'll definitely keep you and your family in my prayers no doubt.

Beth G said...

I'm sorry to read the bad news. We've been there with my parents (both of them lost their jobs my senior year. . . good bye college, hello workforce)and I helped out as much as I could and they both found jobs until just recently. . .my mom lost her job and now it's looking like dad might lose his too. I can't wait for something to happen with this economy. Take Care chickie ♥

Cakabaker said...

I wish you much peace to help you heal your hurts and to be able to help your parents.

Jodi said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your parents losing their jobs!!! I will FOR SURE pray for them, and you!!!! I'd give you a hug!!! Which brings me to my second point....WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!! :o)

Jenny said...

I wish I had some guiding words, but I too am at a loss. Just know that your parents are in my prayers and that God will help them through this/

Mrs.D said...

So sorry to hear about your parents...that's a tough situation to be in and I'll be praying!

LCP said...

Sorry to hear about your parents. Prayers are with you and your family.

Platinum Rose said...

Thinking about you!

laurenjean said...

just checking in on you to see if there is an update.
i hope you are feeling better and things are looking up - you are in my thoughts :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie,

I just wanted to check in and see how you are doing.
Thinking of you (and your parents)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! My DH just lost his job too, so I'm in the same boat..kind of. I completly agree with you about Bush. I can't wait for him to be out of office! anyone can do a better job than he has!
I'll keep you and your family in my prayers!