Thursday, December 13, 2007

Gonad and Christmas



12 days? really? It doesn't seem like Christmas is only 12 days away!

I have some possibly heart warming news. Chris and I may have found our next furbaby. He is a black lop rabbit named Paul Anka. Yep.....Paul Anka. For any of your Gilmore Girls fans out there......you know how much I LOVE GG and why I feel like a lop rabbit named Paul Anka is a sign that we should get him! Chris aunt called us last week and told us about Paul Anka. He is at a foster home in Pittsburgh until he finds a real home. He is only two years old and is a snuggle bunny. Oh....he also loves shoes! What more could a girl ask for? A lop named Paul Anka who is a snuggle bunny and loves shoes! We'll see what happens. His aunt is coming to visit us in January and if we decide to get Paul Anka, we will ask her to bring him to us since she lives in Pittsburgh. We are still kind of back and forth on it. Gonad's passing is still so new. We want to get through the holiday's and then we will talk more about it. I know that we aren't able to get a dog yet and I think another bunny might be a good choice. Not to replace Gonad because no bun could ever do that, but to start another chapter of our lives with a fellow bunny.

I do know that I miss my furbaby so much. I think about her constantly. I miss her . I look around my house and everything reminds me of Gonad. I miss coming home and talking to her and rubbing noses with her. I miss her getting so excited that she almost falls out of her hutch for a treat. I miss her coming to me while I lay on the floor and try everything in her power to get me to pay attention to her. I used to play "dead". I would say "Gonad, Mommy's dead" and she would come over to me and start licking my hands and nose bumping me and pulling my hair. It was the cutest thing, I swear. I also trained her to give me kisses. I would put my head down close to her face and say "Give mommy kisses" and she would start licking my face all over! I miss her nose wiggles.

I really love and miss my sweetheart. She was one in a million. I am working on closing this chapter of my life so that I can give all of this animal love I have to another deserving furbaby. I will NEVER EVER fill the space in my hear that Gonad has with another animal. I will however give another piece of my hear to our next furbaby.

I did buy a hand blown glass ornament of an angel praying with blue wings in a glass ball in Gonads memory. It is hanging front and center on our tree. Her stocking is still above the fireplace and will stay there until all of the decorations come down. The presents under the tree to Daddy from Gonad will stay. They will still be from her for her Daddy.

We will still make Christmas the best we can. Gonad won't be with us, but we also know that she isn't suffering and that she is waiting across the rainbow bridge for Chris and I. We'll be together again someday.

As for Christmas itself.....I'm working on finishing a few hand made gifts for family and have one or two more things to buy, but that's it! I'm so glad I got done early because I can actually enjoy the days leading up to Christmas. It's Jesus' birthday.....what an awesome day to celebrate and try our hardest to be kind and gentle just as Jesus was. What better way to honor our Lord!

One gift I am making is a scrapbook of my Dad's side of the family for my Grandmother. I've spent a ton of time on it and it's close to being done. It starts with old pictures of her and my grandfather during the war. They range from 1942-1946. I'm ending with as many recent pictures of the GREAT-Grand kids and I can get my hands on (which has not been easy AT ALL....there are so many!) I will take pictures of it before I wrap it and post them for you guys to see.

I hope everyone is having a good week so far......tomorrow is Friday!

P.S. I totally have a sinus infection too.....it's horrible!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Sweetie,
My heart hurts just as your does and I understand maybe more than anyone for know what you're going through. Your encouraging words have meant so much to me during this difficult time of living without Tyson. I'm sorry I haven't visited in some time to do what you have done for me. Your words truly have touched my heart and I wish you the same peace Jay and I are searching for. No bunny or dog could ever replace the ones we've lost but there are many pets needing good homes and you obviously have a huge heart and lots of love to give. I just wanted you to know that my heart is with you and Chris and that you both are in my prayers as well. In time, yes - we will heal. XOXO

Platinum Rose said...

Wow, I had NO idea that bunnies were that smart, and had so many similarities to dogs. My guinea pig was definitely not that smart. Gonad sounds like an amazing pet. How cool you got an ornament in her memory, and that she's still giving her Daddy her Christmas gifts. So touching. Yes, I love the name Paul Anka (love Gilmore Girls) - I think that sounds like it could be potentially your next bunny! Exciting! And no, nothing will EVER replace Gonad and the place in your heart for her. And Gonad knows that. Getting a new bunny doesn't mean you have moved on from her, forgotten her. It means like you said, a new chapter. Thinking about you lots! And I hope you get rid of that sinus infection, ugh!

audreybreier said...

Paul Anka!! LOVE IT! GG is my
2nd favorite show (Friends is my
1st).

I'm so sorry about Gonad. I can only imagine how hard it is to lose a pet you love so much. I don't ever want to think about something happening to Scoop..I will be a mess! I hope you're starting to feel a little better. I'm thinking about you!

Tiffany said...

Gonad sounds like she was a very special bunny. I am so sad to hear that she passed away. I know I would be devestated if anything happened to Leah and I'm sure you are feeling the same way now.

I can't wait to see some pictures of the scrap book you are making. What a special gift! I tried scrapbooking but I am too much of a perfectionist and it took me WAY too long to get anything done!

C-Rah said...

I can't imagine how hard it must be for the two of you. Paul Anka sounds like a great addition to your family - as soon I read that name, I thought, "HEY! Like Gilmore Girls!" I hope everything works out for you guys and that your heart continues to mend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Alicia!
I love your blog - just wanted to let you know that I added you to my "Friend" list link so I can navigate to your site more easily. I feel for you about little Gonad. We have a little furry ourselves - she's a Chinchilla, and its amazing how much we miss her if we go away for a few days. They become so integrated into your thoughts and life. Here's a prayer that you have peace with the situation and have a wonderful Christmas.

Mrs.D said...

I just read about Gonad and I'm so sorry. I love the idea of the angel ornament, what a lovely way to remember her each Christmas. My heart goes out to you!