Friday, September 07, 2007

Are You Ready!!!???

In light of the big event that our country witnessed yesterday.....I would like to ask you all a question......

A
A
A
A
A
A
R
R
R
R
R
R
E
E
E
E
E
E

Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
O
O
O
O
O
U
U
U
U
U

R
R
R
R
E
E
E
E
E
E
A
A
A
A
A
D
D
D
D
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y
Y

FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!????????????

I become a widow during the season, but baby, watch out cuz if the Pack is one, I don't care who you are..........the TV is more important! LOL, just kidding......sorta.

I am a Cheesehead. I love the Green Bay Packers......as much as I love Chris. Maybe more. We have had this discussion on numerous occasions. There is an understanding in the Flynn house. Football is number 1 (at least Green Bay, Miami, and Penn State and anyone in our division). NOW, I know that sounds crazy and believe me.....it's really hard sometimes to be the wife of a fully obsessive football man (Britt, I know that you sooooo understand this!) and sometimes I want to do something else other than sit in front of the boobtube and watch a game that I don't care about, BUT.....I support my husbands addiction. It's better than being addicted to crack, right? Although, you could consider football a form of crack for most of the male population in this country.....it has the same effects and this is why we planned our wedding around football season....no I AM NOT kidding).
Anywho.....I am ready for football! Not only do I get to watch my cheeseheads again, but it also means apple pies, and dumplings and apple everything and fall scented candles and fall decorations, and leaves changing, and fires and oktoberfest, and the In the Street festival and SO MANY OTHER AWESOME THINGS! I love Autumn and I can't WAIT for Awesome Autumn!
I hope you ladies have a wonderful evening and weekend.....I may be checking in at some point this weekend.
If you have now become a widow to the great american sport......I am sorry. I may start a future support group! :-)
P.S. Haven't heard anything from PetsMart yet, keep the prayers and good thoughts and super hero powers coming!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw you make me want to go home and watch football! It's just not the same here! We like the PAckers too- not like the Colts though. In fact, back in 05 we went to a Packers game. It was so freaking cold but a blast nonetheless. I hope you're loving watching your games- oh and my team plays yours today (OU v Miami)!!

Alicia said...

Crap, sorry Britt....I meant Miami Dolphins....they are Chris' NFL team. We are both Penn State fans when it come to college.

Cakabaker said...

Alicia, yes fall is the perfect time of the year, and yes, I too like football (sorry the 49'ers and the Steelers are my favs). I went to our local high school game last night, but confess I did more socializing than watching :) My nephew-in-law coaches the Varsity and my nephew coaches the JV squad. One of my "daughters" coaches the JV volleyball, so we will be going to some of those games too. I did post some more on my blog "about me" stuff if you haven't checked it out. We have our 30 year class reunion tonight with a bonfire, I can't wait! Our class has one every five years, it's a great way to keep in touch with some of your classmates. I have been at softball games today, my son and his team are in a memorial softball tourney this weekend. They mercied their first two games, and are playing as I type. Have a great weekend!

Heather said...

I am not only a football widow, I am simply a sports widow. If it's not football, it's baseball or basketball. So basically the entire year I have an insane sports watching husband who yells at the TV like it's actually going to help! LOL

The support group sounds like a great idea! LOL

Abbie said...

Well done cheese head, your packers beat my Eagles.....man I was hoping till the very end. Hope Chris enjoyed his dolphins getting whupped by the redskins...okay so they didn't get "whupped" but lost in overtime, but it's a win, we'll take it.
My Bears indeed got whupped! There goes my week. Just so you know I took a breather from NFL ticket to come see you gloat about your packers..I see you are still basking in the win and have not had time to come gloat on here.
Next week I do want your miami to beat dallas...I despise dallas so, but your packers is NOT going to beat Eli and co. (Keeping my fingers crossed on that one). Off to watch Giants vs. Dallas
TTYL

Anonymous said...

I only watch Bucs' games, and last night, they stunk!! I'm hoping for better next week, although they put up a good fight for their first time in Seattle... you can't beat that place in corwd noise. I'm sure that's what did them in.

Thanks for beating the Eagles... I don't care for them much!

You're in my prayers for the Petsmart gig.

Becca said...

Didnt the Packers win by 2 points the other day? We caught the last 45 seconds of the game ... no, we're not addicts. Brad likes the Colts, so I guess I like the Colts, but we're lucky if we watch half the game.

Penn State ... do they play Notre Dame this weekend? Maybe it was last weekend? At any rate, if they play Notre Dame then Penn better win. ;) Playing Purdue is a different story. =)

Praying for God's will with the Petsmart positions.

Have a lovely day!

Lis said...

Cute post - I LOVE fall too and I am a big BUCKEYE fan myself so, you will hear me cheering for some good old college football!! Go BUCKS baby!!! Enjoy the season - it's a wonderful feeling when that fall air hits you - it brings a feeling of newness!!

Love, Lis xo

laurenjean said...

although i am a pats fan, aric has a man-crush on favre, so we watched the greenbay game too...i love football season!