I wanted to share this with all of you new mommies who may be struggling with your post-partum bodies. I've heard it from a lot of people and this lady is on the shape of a mother website and I found what she said after child #5 pretty inspiring. Although I am not a mother yet, I will be one day and hearing something like this....the way she describes her post-partum body is the way every mother should feel about her body!
From The Shape of a Mother dot com
I am a 27 year old mommy to 5 that are 7, 4, 3, 3, and 7 months. I worried with my first pregnancy that I would never be beautiful again. I worried with my second pregnancy that I was right. I worried with the twins' pregnancy that my husband would believe it too. And I knew with my last pregnancy that I was perpetuating a lie. My breasts sag because they nourish my chidren. My belly is embossed with ribbons of silver because my babes have graced me with riches, and my hips are padded so that my monkeys can travel there. My hands are calloused from kneading my husband's aching shoulders and my feet are swollen from pacing the halls when my little ones are ill. My body screams WOMAN! I am not a pin-up, and am thankful for that. For those women have believed the lie themselves - or they have not found the joys I have. Either way, I am thankful for my WOMANLY body, and would not trade it for a full and perky rack, or a tight and silver-free 6-pack any day. http://wonderfullymadebelliesandbabies.blogspot.com/
Monday, July 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Thanks for posting this. Worrying about my post pregnancy body is definitely something I do so it's a nice reminder to know that it's definitely worth it!
Wow, than you for posting this!!!
What a great post. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment