Today is a day of changes. I’ve come to the conclusion that I DON”T HAVE CONTROL over anything really, God does. With that said, I am trying desperately to look at things in a different light, to not let work and all of the craziness of this world grate on me everyday. I believe this is part of my “not so well-being”.
My grandfather is not doing well again. I don’t have a lot of details yet. I need to talk to my Mom tonight to get a more firm grasp on the situation. I know that he is weak and getting weaker all of the time. I know that the doctors want to test his bone marrow to see if he has developed bone marrow cancer. That’s all I really know at this point, so please say a prayer for him.
I have an ever growing prayer list, and that includes a lot of you. I am going to start focusing more of my energy on my family and friends and those that I care about deeply. So much of my energy is focused on daily life, work, meaningless things that in the long run, don’t matter. My mental state needs a great deal of work. I am OK, really. I just need to re-focus on what truly matters.
One other thing I am asking for prayers about is one of my bosses. He was taken to the hospital on Sunday night with uncontrollable nose bleeding. He has been out all week and we don’t know when he will return. He is at home with packing in his nose because he is still bleeding. His packing has to be changed every few hours. He goes to a specialist Thursday morning. I would think that with him bleeding on a constant basis, they would have gotten him in right away. It is not fun living in a city with millions of people that need medical attention everyday. There is always a shortage of medical professionals and it frustrates me to say the least. Anyway, please pass along some prayers for my boss.
All of you girls out there who have requested prayers and even those of you who haven’t, I am praying for you. LaurenJean, Tammy, Cathy, Jess, Jenn, KMT, Christina, Brittny, Sara, Audrey, Lisa….I know I am forgetting some of you and I apologize. I do have it written down. Girls, in all of the situations we all have going on right now, I pray that the Lord will have a hand in each and every one of your lives. We all have a lot of things, and they are all different things, but I think about each and every one of you everyday.
Have a lovely rest of the day girls!
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers! And your boss, too! You wrote such good, meaningful post, and I couldn't be more in agreement with you on what you said - I really need to start focusing more on what's important, and less on what just isn't. I hope everything turns out ok for you.
Thank you! I often find myself doing the same thing~I catch myself going through day after day and realize that I'm forgetting to take time for what is truly important. I needed the reminder!
I will say a prayer for your grandfather and your boss. How sad and scary.
Take care and as always~thank you for the wonderful support you offer me, the injections of humor in your blogs, and today the opportunity to thank God for all my blessings and focus on the positives and not the past hurts.
I will definately be praying for your grandpa! I'm sure it's stressful waiting to find out what's going on with him. I will also pray for your boss..that is a scary thing and I hope he gets some good news when he goes to the specialist on Thursday! Thank you so much for this post!
Sorry to hear about your Grandfather, and your boss! I will certainly be praying for them!
I think it's great that we can all come on here an count on everyone to be praying for us!!! Isn't it amazing!?
Please let us know how everything turns out!
Thanks, Alicia. I am praying for both our grandfathers.
Post a Comment