I, Alicia, am a NASCAR fan. Always have been, Always will be. Please do not pass judgement, do not call me a redneck. I love NASCAR and that's all you need to know.
On Sunday, I went to my first race in Martinsville, VA. Holy crap....it was AWESOME! I grew up with NASCAR in my house.....but NOTHING is like watching it live....NADA!
Carl Edwards is my boy. He was my driver long before all of this back flip when he wins stuff started! He did pretty well on Sunday for the first half of the race....but then fell back a bit. That's OK. I still LOVE him. I told Chris that if I had the chance to meet him, the divorce papers would be in the mail this week. ;-) I am such a great wife! lol. We really did have a blast. We went with a huge group of people we work with. We got back to our place at 2:30 Monday morning. Needless to say, we planned ahead and took a vacation day yesterday.
Next up....Dover on June 3rd! My parents, some friends, and possibly Chris' parents.
Dover....here we come!!!!!!!!
P.S. I love you Carl!!!!! ;-)











12 comments:
Nathan would be so jealous..he LOVES Nascar! He even used to collect miniature Nascars, which means we have boxes and boxes and boxes of them filling our garage! I've tried to convince him to get rid of them, but he hasn't yet :) I'm glad you had fun!!
I so have to share this story with my dad! We are hoping to get him to Daytona next year! He'd be so excited. We took him to the speedway for the tour when we went down in October and he had a blast.
I grew up with NASCAR, too, and I hold no judgement! It's a lot of fun!
I am glad I found another fan. I LOVE Nascar too. I used to be a real junkie, I had a boyfriend who worked for one of the racers on the Busch team, so I was able to go to tons of races in the pits and all! Talk about awesome! My hubby and I have gone to a few Michigan races, but I really want to get him to Talladega...my favorite track of all! We will see for October this year!
LP
it looks like you had a great time! although i am not a nascar fan, being at any event live is always an awesome experience - never makes you want to watch it on the tv ever again! what a fun thing to look forward to come June!!!!!
fun pictures!! We'll be moving to MD within the next 2 years so I look fwd to taking a trip to see the races, dh isn't a fan but I think it's fun!! Love your bunny too!! We have one also, he's the best.
Hey, no shame in what you love!!! I am sure you had blast and even though it's not my thing - if I was actually at a race, I would enjoy it - something new!!! Nothing wrong with enjoying something with your man!
Have a great day!
No one likes a lurker, so I'm introducing myself :-) I discovered your blog from The Problem With Hope.
Can't say I'm a huge NASCAR fan, I much prefer Formula 1, but ANY racing in person is fabulous!
Feel free to come check out my blog
Hey I just realized that you are in MD- so are Ray and I.
Anyway, can't say much about the whole NASCAR thing since it's NMS but it's cool that you had fun! Seeing live events always makes them a lot more entertaining.
Ben & I went to Martinsville last year for my first NASCAR race! Denny Hamlin is my driver. ;) I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Hey, I'm just on a nestie search and found you ... being the dork that I am I didnt keep track of everyone when they left the nest.
Glad you had a great time at the race!
Have a lovely day!
Hi Alicia,
I've decided to jump the Nest ship! Please come visit me at jmtloveskmt.blogspot.com.
Have a great day!
I am glad you had lots of fun and finally got to go!
Post a Comment