Monday, April 16, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me #2

OK, OK, I’m totally caving.

Do I have work to do?

Yes.

Do I care?

No.

Why?

Because today is my freaking birthday and I don’t want to care!

So…..today, I am 27. hmmmmm. I go back and forth on my feeling about this twenty-seven (I think I will spell it out….it doesn’t make me feel as bad) thing. It’s not the typical “Everyone is going to think I’m old because I’m 27”, it’s the “Holy freaking crap I’m 27 and what do I have to show for it?”

I thought I would be a lot further along than I am at twenty-seven. I thought I would be finished with my B.A. and be in environmental studies, oceanography, design, medical school, or law school or something that is not what I am today. ANYTHING.

I thought that Chris and I would be well on our way to our first baby.

I thought a lot of things, and here I am….with none of those things accomplished.

I am not a goal planner…or a planner for that matter. I plan really important things like my wedding and stuff, but life? What a joke! If any of my wonderful girls out there have a planning system for life…patent it, get yourself a late night infomercial and sell sell sell! I will be your first purchaser!!!!!!

Today, is just one of those days where you can’t get it right no matter what you do. It started when I woke up this morning er….kinda. I never really went to sleep. The freaking wind was horrible last night and today! At one point, Chris really thought a tornado was on its way. There are trees down, power outages blah blah blah EVERYWHERE! It’s insanity….not to mention how much fun driving is with 3 million other people. Ugh.

Exciting news….we got our new furniture on Friday! I never thought I would be in love with a non-living object (besides my Gilmore girls and Grey’s Anatomy season DVD sets), but alas, I am in love with the furniture! This could pose a problem…..I never want to get off of them!

We went to Harper’s Ferry, a small civil war town where the Potomac and Shenandoah River’s meet and where Lewis and Clark began their expedition west. It was so neat! I love going places that have so much historical significance. I get that from my Dad I think. Every time we go somewhere with any historical meaning, my Dad and I talk about what we know about the history of the place and I always really enjoy that. My Dad is one smart cookie!

For my birthday (which we celebrated Saturday seeing as my birthday is actually today and well, Monday’s suck when you spend four hours of it in your car and the other 10 at work!) Chris got me the first two seasons of Grey’s (which I am currently already on episode 3 of season two and I’ve only had it for two days….can you say junkie!?), a book I have been wanting, A Women’s Study Bible, bare minerals make-up and a new set of brushes from Sephora and one more wrapped gift at home that I know is a memory foam pillow. Awesome! He always spoils me!

I am a self-proclaimed birthday milker. My birthday is one week long….not one day! J

Has anyone tried the bare minerals line? Omg…..it’s like heaven in makeup! No more liquid concealer and under eye sticks and all of those nasty pore clogging things we use to hide blemishes, redness, bags and circles under the eyes. The best part? It works better than anything I have ever used AND lasts longer! Good bye pore clogging crap…hello healthy face makeup! Lord knows I need it under my eyes!

OK girls, I really do have a lot more, but I have to get a few things done before I go home to the “squishies” (our dubbed name for the furniture).

The den is done so I promise I will post pictures. It came out great!

I hope you are all having a wonderful Monday and I hope my birthday starts to get just a little better when I leave this joint!

5 comments:

Lis said...

Happy Birthday Sweetie!!! Enjoy the last few years of your twenties to the fullest because 30 is around the corner and it all changes!!! Don't worry the changes are for the good - I will kill to be 27 again!!!
I celebrate my birthday for as long as I can too!
Happy, Happy, Happy 27th and many more! May all your wishes, hopes and dreams come true!
Lis xo

Betsy said...

How cool... our 27th birthdays are 3 days apart! :-) Hope you had a great birthday and are enjoying your birthday 'week'... I agree, we should give ourselves a week, not just a day!

Oh, and I LOVE BARE MINERALS!! That makeup is the bomb. I've used it for about 3-4 years now.:-)

Have a great Tuesday!

Platinum Rose said...

Happy Birthday to you! Try not to get to bogged down with the "what I haven't accomplished" and think more about what you DO have - a great husband, marriage, furry bunny, etc. (Now if I can just take my own advice hahaha!). I know it's not easy - I unfortunately get down on myself like that a lot, too. I hope you can start to see the "sunny side" of things real soon - it's no fun to think like that on your birthday. It sounds like you had an awesome weekend and got some cool gifts from your husband! I hope you enjoyed the "squishies" last night and had a great evening! And I will have to check out the Bare Minerals stuff - I have heard about it before but didn't know much about it really. Do you have to get it online? Thanks for the makeup tip, always a handy thing to know. And I AM OBSESSED WITH SEPHORA by the way. Wish there was a store near me!

C-Rah said...

Okay, funny story...I kept gettting your comments on my blog, and didn't put 2 & 2 together until now to actually reach YOUR blog so I could comment on it! Now that I've found you, I'm def adding a link for you on my blog so I don't lose you again! haha

27 is not bad...your goals will come along; the very fact that you have them in mind show that they're important to you and will be accomplished--so don't worry about it! :o)

Tiffany said...

I understand where you are coming from. Birthdays always remind me what I haven't gotten accomplished and where I thought I'd be by now. Try not to worry about it too much and have a great birthday!