Monday, March 19, 2007

Disorganized Freak

I would like to state for the record that I am a disorganized freak.

Saturday, Chris and I went to Uncle Betty and Aunt Mike’s for poker and scrapbooking. I was so excited because I haven’t worked on ANY of my scrapbooks since we got back from our honeymoon. We get there and this was our first time at their home. It was awesome! They have a lovely home. My favorite feature? Betty’s kick-butt scrapbooking room! She has all of these tools and spaces and organization….geez. I WANT ONE! (yes, I’m whining).

As we were getting ready to go, I was sifting through my scrapbooking stuff and noticed a few things missing. I was having a major meltdown. Of course it was two of the things I use most, my journaling paper and my pens! So after all of my “sifting” and finally figuring out what I was going to work on and packing it up….my den now looks like a tornado went through it! Seriously! There are die cuts and paper, and pictures, and tools EVERYWHERE! I don’t really even have a lot of tools. That got me on an organization binge yesterday. I am trying to figure out some sort of system for my things. I realized, that I barely have any tools to work with…..I’m even lacking the basics for cropping. I have a corner rounder, a pair of scissors, some fancy edged decorative scissors, picture tape, and a heart hole punch. That’s it…that is my supplies list. I have a lot of paper, refill pages, cardstock and stickers….but no tools! I told Chris that I really need to invest in some tools…even just the basics….like a paper trimmer and measured cutting board. You seriously can’t get more basic than that!

Anyway, we had a really nice time over there! They are awesome people and we have so much in common with them. It’s great to have some sort of family so close. We are looking forward to spending a lot more time with them! We also got to spend time with their son Mike and his wife Jane. Also, very very cool people. They just bought a house in the same neighborhood, so of course we went to see them… Awesome place!

I am working on a small project for the den right now. I bought wooden letters at A.C. Moore that will spell out “Ocean Breeze” and I also got a small wooden boat with shelving in it and some wooden fish. I painted all of these things a very light blue and I am going to crackle them with a darker blue. I am hanging the letters with ribbon on the wall (kinda like Nicki did for Brody’s nursery!) Anyway, When all is said and done, our den should be pretty nice. A better place to scrapbook and do our bills and any “office/crafty work”. Not to mention the “big chair” that will be going in there once our furniture gets here! Sweet. I’m excited about it.

We STILL have yet to get replacement fish for Blue and our one gup that passed away. The other three are doing awesome, so I’m still not sure what happened to Blue and the gup pup. Sad.

Anyway, I’m off. I’m feeling pretty crappy because the weather won’t freaking cooperate! My sinuses are out of whack, so that’s what I’m dealing with no. Insane sinuses…fun fun!

Have a wonderful Monday (if there is such a thing!)

2 comments:

Life's A Beach said...

I used to have a mess of scrapbooking things. I organized them all in one big tote that I could just pick up and carry along if I met somewhere else for some craft time.

The letters sound really cool. Of course, I love anything relating to beaches and ocean breezes! I might have to 'borrow' that idea for my Florida home!

Anonymous said...

I love my scrapbooking supplies. My hubby knows the dining room is going to be a mess when I declare I'm "scrapping" for the day. He loves the scrapbooks but just shakes his head at the mess. Finding a way to organize everything in a way that makes sense to you is definitely important!